Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Erik Haula signs with the Predators (1 year, $1.75M)

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Think it has more to do with the fact that he’s been very injury prone in the last couple seasons. He had 1 good year so far in his career and failed to make an impact with the last 2 teams he played with. Not to mention he was healthy scratched by his coach.

If Haula isn’t careful, his career could fall off a cliff much like Ryan Spooner’s did.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This and Granlund's deal make me wonder if Nashville building a solid foundation will be able to go farther than I expect them to.

But this is a solid signing.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
So what's Nashville expected line up now ?

Forsberg - Johansson - Arvidson
Haula - Duchene - Granlund
Jarnkrok - Sissons - Grimaldi
Cousins - Richardson - Kunin
???

I honestly don't know what to think about that line up... seems like they shouldnt have signed Haula and Granlund and signed Hoffman instead... It would have been a much better balanced line up.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Nashville looks pretty good

The east is considered the group of death and for good reason but the central isn't talked about enough.

Tampa Carolina Dallas Nashville Columbus 5 good teams one of them is going to miss the playoffs, maybe even 2 if Bobvrosky can bounce back which he's done in the past.

The Central is an under rated tough division
I don't get those that knock the Central and consider the East the Group of Death either. Seems the top teams in the East have just as many questions as they do dominating clubs.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

???

I honestly don't know what to think about that line up... seems like they shouldnt have signed Haula and Granlund and signed Hoffman instead... It would have been a much better balanced line up.
Who knows what the actual lines will be... but just put Trenin in the "???" spot in your roster, and that's our 13 forwards, anyway. It's all done on that front. Training camp becomes all about finding the right alchemy, not about winning any roster spots... those are all filled now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

???

That's a pretty good forward group

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't get those that knock the Central and consider the East the Group of Death either. Seems the top teams in the East have just as many questions as they do dominating clubs.

Iget why they call it the group of death, it is, the east has the 2016, 2017, and 2018, cup champions and the 2019 cup finalist but the central does not get talkef about like it should be.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Living off that one good year in Vegas.

Not sure I've ever seen a more perfect picture if a rise, peak, and fall of a team than Nashville.

13-14, no playoffs
14-15, 1st rd out
15-16, 2nd rd out
16-17, Final
17-18, 2nd rd out
18-19, 1st rd out
19-20, they sort of made the playoffs, but lost to Arizona of all teams, so really, how much can those 4 games count? It's beautifully symmetrical.

This is just the Preds grasping at straws. A lot of big contracts. A lot of guys around, at, or above 30. They're running out of time, if they haven't already. Some cheap depth, and hope you catch a wave of momentum at the right time.
Your point would be more worrisome if the Preds were giving up large amounts of term and/or picks and prospects for this stuff. As it is, it's a way to attempt to remain competitive while the prospect pool is rebuilt, which is a Good Thing.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Järnkrok - Duchene - Granlund
Haula- Sissons - Kunin
Cousins - Richardson - Grimaldi would be nice to see!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
No. JOFA shouldn't be broken up. Jarnkrok and Granlund on the 3rd line, although maybe Granlund could move up if Haula doesn't work.
Yeah, I want to start with JoFA intact. And I want to start with Granlund and Duchene on separate lines. So given those constraints, I think it effectively means there is no real "2nd" or "3rd" line... they are just equivalent at the outset, until something crystallizes.

What I cynically expect to happen is that the Preds will end up endlessly shuffling just about everybody in the top-9 forwards around endlessly while we spin our wheels and flounder to find chemistry, and ultimately finish 5th in the division. There is depth here, but it's just a tight schedule to figure out how to integrate everything, and I don't think we have any real basis to believe that Hynes is such a mastermind alchemist that he figures it out in time. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad