Confirmed with Link: NSH/EDM Hendricks for Dubnyk

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Just got off plane...hearing Matt Hendricks to Edmonton...not sure if out there

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Hendricks for Dubnyk

Will switch to confirmed with link when more information is released. Surprised Poile could find a taker. That contract was a mistake from the word go.

Edit: Updated OP

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
It's for Devan Dubnyk per Yahoo Sports.

Edit: Should say I love this. We pay more this year but we get rid of those final three awful years of Hendricks' contract.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
You guys should have done this 2 months ago... Get a serviceable goalie back for an awful contract on Hendricks.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
LOL we got rid of Hendrick's awful contract and got an NHL level goaltender to roll with for the rest of the season. Good deal.

Dubnyk isn't great but he is at least not an AHL guy that shouldn't be in the league (Hutton) or a guy that is way too inexperienced to play regular NHL right now (Mazanec).

Teekko

Mar 5, 2011
Vancouver
So who stays up? While I think Maz has played better than Hutton, I think it would be better for him to go to Milwaukee and get some more starts since I assume Dubnyk might be the starter.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Yo Smashville folk....maybe I'll get this answered the longer it takes this thread to develop, and a big part of it is that I haven't kept up to date on what's going on with Rinne and his recovery from all the things related to the hip injury, but is this move one that signifies concern that you won't see Rinne back this season? Was it ever a plan to have him back this season?

I do see some dancing in the streets about being freed from Hendricks' contract, so the salary dump could be a big factor in the move too.

Signed, uninformed, ignorant, yet curious observer from the Eastern Conference

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I don't know which makes me happier - getting outta' that contract or having a serviceable goalie.

Methinks, however, we won't be seeing Peks anytime soon.....

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
So who stays up? While I think Maz has played better than Hutton, I think it would be better for him to go to Milwaukee and get some more starts since I assume Dubnyk might be the starter.

It's entirely possible we're going with three goalies for the time being. It's not like we don't have the roster space or anything resembling consistency in goal. We have to recall a forward now, though, or trade for one, because we only have 12 on the roster. I would assume Forsberg is on the way up.

I like the deal on the basis of trading Hendricks' awful contract for an expiring one in Dubnyk that potentially helps us fix a need (although Dubnyk is having the worst season of his career right now), but this just strikes me as a really odd trade that more or less came from nowhere.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I'm scratching my head a little on this one. Still, it frees up a roster spot for hopefully one of the young, talented forwards (coughForsbergcough) from Milwaukee. It makes me worry that they've heard some bad news about Rinne, though.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Wonder if this is a deal that could have been done earlier on, and what exactly the Oilers want with 3 more years of Hendricks at that price. That said, nice job correcting that mistake and unloading the contract. Interesting to see what Dubnyk can do in a tighter system. Also frees up a bottom 6 slot for an actual bottom 6 guy.

Bad Karma

Nov 12, 2005
Nashville
Yo Smashville folk....maybe I'll get this answered the longer it takes this thread to develop, and a big part of it is that I haven't kept up to date on what's going on with Rinne and his recovery from all the things related to the hip injury, but is this move one that signifies concern that you won't see Rinne back this season? Was it ever a plan to have him back this season?

I do see some dancing in the streets about being freed from Hendricks' contract, so the salary dump could be a big factor in the move too.

Signed, uninformed, ignorant, yet curious observer from the Eastern Conference

Best case scenario is/was having Rinne back just before the Olympics. Trotz said that this morning on the local radio he did.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville

While I don't think we have any hard info, I think alot of us would be surprised if we saw Rinne back anytime before the start of next season.

And yes, we're very happy to dump that contract.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Great trade for the Preds. Hendricks's contract was awful for us. Redundant player for us. Dubnyk isn't the best, but is a good fill-in for the rest of the year. Gives us the ability to get Maz some AHL time or send down Hutton.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
A tiny part of me wants to believe that part of this deal is GMDP sending a message to the coach that he would like to see his 4th line made up of grinders and #25 skating with a few more skilled players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00