Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Calle Jarnkrok (6 years, $2M AAV)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I saw the cap hit and thought it was a typical depth signing and then saw the term. Pretty unusual to see such term on a low cap deal. If he breaks out then Preds have a steal of the deal. I guess Calle went with job security.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well his neighbor just signed a 6 year deal as well, so maybe that played into Filip's negotiations?

Regardless, I like it. If he has any more upside, it'll look like a steal. If not, that's pretty par for what he is.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Strangest contract.

Good for the Preds, though. He's still young enough to add to his game. Played some top-line last year, too.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah that's strange. But $12M total is a pretty good guarantee for someone like Jarnkrok. I guess the stability was simply worth it.

Shadow Flyer

Why So Serious?
Aug 2, 2008
The Interwebs
Well, that's an interesting term.

Preds fans, what's the take on Jarnkrok? Do you consider him top-9 moving forward? Does he have the ability to move up in the lineup?

Seems like Poile really likes his game, given that term and, if he's right, that's a nice cap hit for the longhaul.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
weird... I could see a 3 year 6 mill deal... but 6 years at 2 mill per???... steal for preds, odd decision by the Jarnkrok camp

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
That is the most Calle Jarnkrok contract I've ever seen. He's super reserved and understated.

Scored 16 goals this season while being one of our better penalty killers...if he doesn't improve at all, this is still a bargain deal...if he DOES improve, and I think he will, it's terrific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad