Confirmed with Link: [NSH/ARZ] - Pettersson for Dauphin & Helewka

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Based on the numbers he’s putting up in Milwaukee, I’m ready to see this guy in the NHL instead of Freddy Gaudreau.

Reactions: SouthNash

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I wonder what other jobs out there pay 10 times the base salary if you get promoted?
This deserves an off season thread of its own. I get that nhlpa means nhl but these guys are sacrificing their own to put a few more bucks in the pockets of McJesus and a handful of other players.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Pettersson going back home to Sweden instead of re-signing with the Coyotes. Minor trade, but it's looking pretty good.

Reactions: NNCbama

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Pettersson going back home to Sweden instead of re-signing with the Coyotes. Minor trade, but it's looking pretty good.

Ejdsell going back to Sweden as well. Not the big give-up as everyone made it out to be in the Hartman trade (although that first round pick still stings).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ejdsell going back to Sweden as well. Not the big give-up as everyone made it out to be in the Hartman trade (although that first round pick still stings).

We have got far less out of our firsts before.

At least we will forever have the .gif of Hartman jumping up and down and pointing at his junk....

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
you can really say with ejdsell going to sweden that we essentially traded a 1st for Hartman then traded him for simmonds ... simmonds as a rental for a 1st in the end. still was a bad trade but maybe not as bad in hindsight now.

poile's biggest mistake was trusting the players when they asked for another chance. i called bullshit to that before we were bounced this year and immediately when I read the quotes. a year of the window wasted.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I thought the trade disdain for the Edsjell and Petterson moves were over reactions due to some slightly above average numbers that were mostly out of context in location or age. Kondelik was a better prospect, while in the same style, than Edsjell within the first month of his season at UConn.

Petterson was a string bean who made Ribeiro look like a power forward. I know it's a finesse game but he wasn't even strong enough to get himself into scoring position.

I wish we kept Hartman. That's the trade I don't like in any of this conversation. He still had untapped potential in my mind and would've liked to see him with a consistent line for a season length.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
you can really say with ejdsell going to sweden that we essentially traded a 1st for Hartman then traded him for simmonds ... simmonds as a rental for a 1st in the end. still was a bad trade but maybe not as bad in hindsight now.

poile's biggest mistake was trusting the players when they asked for another chance. i called bull**** to that before we were bounced this year and immediately when I read the quotes. a year of the window wasted.

Yup. David relie far too much on people acting honorably. He listed when Suter said he wanted to work a deal to stay here, he listened when the players said to give the group another shot. He needs to ignore these jack wagons and make the moves we all know he can make. The dudes a wizard with a little too much of a nice streak.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I wish we kept Hartman. That's the trade I don't like in any of this conversation. He still had untapped potential in my mind and would've liked to see him with a consistent line for a season length.

In retrospect we obviously shouldn't have traded Hartman for Simmonds but in double retrospect we shouldn't have traded a 1st for Hartman. This is where all the win now moves bite you in the ass.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
In retrospect we obviously shouldn't have traded Hartman for Simmonds but in double retrospect we shouldn't have traded a 1st for Hartman. This is where all the win now moves bite you in the ass.
ive said it before being the person i am and i will say it again...

poile is a top 5 GM in the NHL but good lord stay away from deadline deals!!! he is the worst when it comes to them. his few putrid trades have been deadline deals.

just like crack, poile.. say no to deadline deals.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
ive said it before being the person i am and i will say it again...

poile is a top 5 GM in the NHL but good lord stay away from deadline deals!!! he is the worst when it comes to them. his few putrid trades have been deadline deals.

just like crack, poile.. say no to deadline deals.

Not even deadline deals. Stay away from deadline deals that don't make a lick of difference. Ryan Hartman, Paul Gaustad, Cody McLeod, P.A. Parenteau, Vern Fiddler, Cody Franson, Mike Santorelli. These guys just aren't going to make close to enough of a difference in the playoffs to justify the assets that Poile gives up to get them. If there's a guy like Duchene out there or something then by all means take your shot but guys playing on the 4th line or 3rd pair that sometimes play poorly enough to be healthy scratches in the playoffs just aren't worth the time, effort and assets used to acquire them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not even deadline deals. Stay away from deadline deals that don't make a lick of difference. Ryan Hartman, Paul Gaustad, Cody McLeod, P.A. Parenteau, Vern Fiddler, Cody Franson, Mike Santorelli. These guys just aren't going to make close to enough of a difference in the playoffs to justify the assets that Poile gives up to get them. If there's a guy like Duchene out there or something then by all means take your shot but guys playing on the 4th line or 3rd pair that sometimes play poorly enough to be healthy scratches in the playoffs just aren't worth the time, effort and assets used to acquire them.
Funny enough didn't both Fiddler and Parentau contribute to playoff wins (Fiddler definitely had an important goal). I think they were also some of the cheaper acquisitions off that list, which you can also probably add The Invisible Granlund to (even if he's got another year to change our minds and...also contributed a fluke important playoff goal).

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Funny enough didn't both Fiddler and Parentau contribute to playoff wins (Fiddler definitely had an important goal). I think they were also some of the cheaper acquisitions off that list, which you can also probably add The Invisible Granlund to (even if he's got another year to change our minds and...also contributed a fluke important playoff goal).

Yeah Fiddler had the game winner in St. Louis in game 1 after we blew a two goal lead. I don't remember Parenteau doing anything at any point in a Preds jersey.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Unless of course you do actually win...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Did Helewka get moved in the PK deal? It shows he’s a part of the Devils franchise on elite prospects? Adam Helewka at eliteprospects.com

Technically no, but given that he was traded for "future considerations" ie, free, youd have to think that Poile told Shero he needed to send another contract with PK but Shero didnt have time to decide who to take. Rather than delay the deal, the last piece was done a few hours later

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well that would kinda suck... I don't know much about Helewka really, but he seemed to do great with the Ads... is anybody except Eliteprospects showing this though?

Team only had 42/50 contract slots used, so it's hard to think they HAD to move anybody else. I was thinking Helewka's AHL success should at least put him on the radar for some injury recall opporunities next season.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Well that would kinda suck... I don't know much about Helewka really, but he seemed to do great with the Ads... is anybody except Eliteprospects showing this though?

Team only had 42/50 contract slots used, so it's hard to think they HAD to move anybody else. I was thinking Helewka's AHL success should at least put him on the radar for some injury recall opporunities next season.

Admirals did tweet about it as well.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Yeah, the trade happened. Really didn't understand the move, even in the vein of clearing a contract. Surely there's someone else that could be cleared. He had shown well since the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad