Confirmed with Link: [NSH/ARZ] - Pettersson for Dauphin & Helewka

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Dauphin (C/LW, 6'1, 180 lbs) is a Coyotes 2nd rounder from 2013. 20 pts for the Tucson Roadrunners in 34 games this season. Has played 35 NHL games and in them he has scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

Helewka (LW, 6'2, 205 lbs) is a Sharks 4th rounder from 2015. 31 pts in 41 games for the Tucson Roadrunners this season. Hasn't played in the NHL yet.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
How does this affect anything with rumors on Panarin?

I think it has more to do with Arizona in that they had 50 contracts and needed to unload one to get to 49 if they want to make a deadline deal.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Both these guys are 2 years younger than Pettersson and score at about the same rate in the AHL. Dauphin also has some NHL experience. Can't complain I guess.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Sounds like Arizona needed to free up a contract slot. Could mostly just be Poile doing Chayka a favor and building goodwill for future negotiating.

Also the Coyotes got one of our AHL contracts, so it's still and even swap but takes them from 50 NHL contracts to 49.

I know we want to read into it more, especially at this time of year, but it's likely just a minor league deal to help a guy out from our end.

Reactions: Drake744

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Sounds like Arizona needed to free up a contract slot. Could mostly just be Poile doing Chayka a favor and building goodwill for future negotiating.

Also the Coyotes got one of our AHL contracts, so it's still and even swap but takes them from 50 NHL contracts to 49.

I know we want to read into it more, especially at this time of year, but it's likely just a minor league deal to help a guy out from our end.
This can pretty much end the discussion right here

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How does this help Milwaukee?

The Ads need forwards with size that can score. This is a good deal. I have not been happy with Pettersson. Dauphin by himself would be an even trade based on tonight's game. Helewka is gravy and he is wearing Gregoire's old #23.

Jeremy Gregoire also went to Arizona in the deal.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Both guys are younger than Pettersson and having better seasons. No brainer trade win for us.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Helewka is lighting it up in Milwaukee. Plus he actually has decent size at 6’2” 205 pounds.

7 points in 5 games so far for Milwaukee. Wonder when he gets a chance with the preds.
Send down that awful gaudreau and let helewka give it a shot I say!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He couldn't get a call-up with the Coyotes despite their mass of forward injuries and him putting up good numbers in the AHL. Doubtful he gets much of a look at the NHL level for us.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He is the last concern of David Poile right now. Once we get past the trade deadline and if we get far enough ahead we can rest a guy or two he may get a look. Otherwise they will wait til next year and take a look at him at camp.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
We have a 6’2” power forward who is very young and is lighting it up in the ahl. That doesn’t excite you?! Are you even a pred fan?

Small sample size. Give it time and he'll average back. 5 of 7 points came in 2 games against the team that's given up the most goals in the division.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Small sample size. Give it time and he'll average back. 5 of 7 points came in 2 games against the team that's given up the most goals in the division.
He's almost PPG for season. But I also noticed he barely elicited a mention from Yotes fans or others in the various trade threads and the Yotes have been forward depleted all season. Sounds like a career AHL type (e.g Darren Haydar, Alexandre Giroux).

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He's almost PPG for season. But I also noticed he barely elicited a mention from Yotes fans or others in the various trade threads and the Yotes have been forward depleted all season. Sounds like a career AHL type (e.g Darren Haydar, Alexandre Giroux).
Well if he is never given the chance at the NHL level we will never know. I read his defensive game is quite sound as well and with his size maybe he could be a fourth liner at worst one day. Maybe he ends up like a Watson or Hartman, size, grit and some offense. Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad