OT: NSH’s Cousins and Hyman - April 14th

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope that the intent wasn’t racist in nature. in 2022 we should be beyond that.

I edited my post. Apologies.
I was joking around and calling you Gene because of the pun. I didn't take your post as racist at all fwiw.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
"Was it because you're Jewish and since Jewish people have large noses!? Because that's f***ed bro.. l'chaim!"

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Something like:
“The two of you were involved in a pretty good physical battle but afterwards Nick made a gesture towards his nose while you two were having words with each other.

I personally have experienced the same gesture while playing hockey and it involved some colourful language, so I did not have to guess that my opponent was being antisemitic.

My questions to you are: Did you feel the gesture to the nose was an antisemitic and/or aggressively rude gesture? Am I upsetting myself over nothing?”

Cousins was butthurt and dug deep for an insult (he waited a second or two for Hyman to look his way) and came up with a nose gesture. Cousins is an idiot so I would not be surprised if he was ignorant to Hyman’s heritage and why the gesture would offensive (beyond “you’ve got a big nose lolol”)
Why could it be perceived as antisemitic? Oh I don’t know…
Super reasonable and polite way to inquire.. my post wasn't to insinuate that you'd phrase the question like that... Just been watching too much curb your enthusiasm on my end and feel like the conversation could end up on that show

Reactions: ZJuice

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Super reasonable and polite way to inquire.. my post wasn't to insinuate that you'd phrase the question like that... Just been watching too much curb your enthusiasm on my end and feel like the conversation could end up on that show
I could see it. Curb is hilarious, like when he sees the baptism in the river and thinks it’s a drowning murder so he yells and startles the priest who lets go of the newly baptized guy who doesn’t know how to swim.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonardlizard

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

The episode where Larry hums Wagner comes to mind.

I wonder if Cousins intended it to be offensive or if we’re missing some context (not sure what the context would be though). If it was a gesture, you’d think Hyman might bring it up, but he also seems like the kind of guy to just ‘let it go’ as well. We may never know

Reactions: Leonardlizard

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I was joking around and calling you Gene because of the pun. I didn't take your post as racist as all fwiw.
Cheers man. Wasn’t 100% sure…
All I saw was a clever pun, not a racist comment. No offense taken here. Guess people perceive things differently though. We all need to be careful.
thanks. being of Polish decent im used to the nose jokes, they just roll off the like water off a duck’s beak.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Another stupid stereotype. I think my noggin is larger than normal, but it's from all that Teutonic blood throwing through it.;) I dunno, maybe he's just making fun of his big noggin? I sure hope so, and that it's nothing more than that. Scarlett Johannsen is Jewish. Anybody think she has a big nose?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Another stupid stereotype. I think my noggin is larger than normal, but it's from all that Teutonic blood throwing through it.;) I dunno, maybe he's just making fun of his big noggin? I sure hope so, and that it's nothing more than that. Scarlett Johannsen is Jewish. Anybody think she has a big nose?
She has big "other things" that I tend to like :naughty: All joking aside there are many beautiful Jewish women, just like there are beautiful women of every ethnicity.

EDIT-When I think of "noggin" I think of a person's head not their nose, have I been wrong all these years?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I do have a bit of a snout myself, though I didn't even think Hyman looked Jewish until learning he was from posters on this board. Never would have guessed tbh.

I had no idea Scarlett was Jewish (or at least partially) either until pretty recently. Apparently she lost relatives in the Holocaust. :(

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
And marchand got taunted in the past because of his big nose aswell

So what?

The only racists here are the ones implying it was racist

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I would chalk it up to cousins just being a cliché dumb guy unaware of the connotation.

Would have been great if Zach scared him all night and retorted "yeah I get it I get what you're saying got a big jew nose I get it. I get what you're saying! Antisemitic piece of shit"

Lol how scared would cousins be all game he probably skate over and apologize right away.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I haven't seen one person assuming that Cousins meant it as an anti-Semitic gesture; just people pragmatically suggesting that it probably warrants a conversation between the NHL and cousins. If Cousins was unaware, then the worst outcome is that he comes away with a bit of education.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Newsflash, Jewish people aren't the only ones with big noses.
This thread is more racist than that player pointing at his nose.

Reactions: BleedingOil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And marchand got taunted in the past because of his big nose aswell

So what?

The only racists here are the ones implying it was racist
Yah, but his big air intake valve is a French one, so it's okay to get after him.;)

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I heavily edited my original post and removed a couple.

I let my teen angst take over my hf account. There were a couple of articles earlier this year that made it clear that he would speak out if he felt any ill intent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad