Blue Jays Discussion: Now with more Wang jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The Bluejays bullpen has an ERA of 0.84 in the month of June.

The next best bullpen in June is the National's. Which has an ERA of 2.33.:laugh:

Ah we raised it that much? Damn. The lowest ERA since 1921 is 0.70 or so. Still extremely good. There is like 5 guys I'm comfortable in, in any situation
I will be stupid and post this right before a Rogers start so that if he pitches well I look like a genius!

http://www.bluejayshipsters.com/2013/06/esmil-rogers-hidden-gem.html

So what do you look like if he pitches bad? :sarcasm: I actually agree, Rogers has really surprised me.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ah we raised it that much? Damn. The lowest ERA since 1921 is 0.70 or so. Still extremely good. There is like 5 guys I'm comfortable in, in any situation

So what do you look like if he pitches bad? :sarcasm: I actually agree, Rogers has really surprised me.
which 5?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
delabar for thames is looking like a prettu sweet deal. thames has been designated for assignment and delabar is a key piece to the jays bullpen

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I assume he's referring to Janssen, Cecil, Delabar, Oliver and Loup-e fiasco. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mapes.

I agree on all, except Loup, who is money as a Loogy but not in all situations.

He's been good against RHB, holding them to a .262/.261/.429/.690. He has 1 walk and 16 strikeouts against them but they are hitting him with more power though. Oddly enough, lefties have 4 walks and 11 strikeouts against them but they can't hit him for power (.320 OBP and .220 slugging!!!).

I'm comfortable with him in almost any situation. Oliver has been one guy where I've been cringing a little bit this year.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I assume he's referring to Janssen, Cecil, Delabar, Oliver and Loup-e fiasco. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mapes.

Loup has given up 1 run with a 0.579 WHIP in his last 19 innings..

jcollins

BJ Elitist/Hipster
May 13, 2009
Ohhh ricky....so far through 3IP, 5H and 5BB. 2ER but could have been 4 as gose and pillar threw out runners at the plate

darko

Feb 16, 2009
delabar for thames is looking like a prettu sweet deal. thames has been designated for assignment and delabar is a key piece to the jays bullpen

Unless Delabar's arm fell off that was always going be a winner for Jays. Thames' bat isn't good enough to be a starting corner outfielder and is a liability defensively so he can't really be used as a 4th outfielder.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Nailed it. Those 5 seem lights out which is a complete turnaround compared to the crap Pen we usually have. Wagner deserves an HM as well. Guy has been extremely good since coming in. Has even hit 99.

Disagree on Loup. He's pitched extremely well lately and is in a groove. So many useful arms.

I will be stupid and post this right before a Rogers start so that if he pitches well I look like a genius!

http://www.bluejayshipsters.com/2013/06/esmil-rogers-hidden-gem.html

See what you did? This man right here is responsible for the loss. Thread ban is in order.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Ohhh ricky....so far through 3IP, 5H and 5BB. 2ER but could have been 4 as gose and pillar threw out runners at the plate

Can they just buy him out or something? Not sure what they can do but their just burning money on him at this point. Kids toast

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
Im starting to cringe when Oliver comes out of the pen in close games too, there is an awful lot of depth in the pen right now, and I would consider sending Oliver to Texas where he can finish his career, close to his family i believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad