Prospect Info: Now the draft is over who did you want that the Bruins passed on?

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
We had 5 picks. The first 3 were all 6 ' tall. The last two were 5' 11". First off, saying we drafted small is a huge overstatement. They are all kids and could easily grow another inch or two and are already average height for NHL, not small. Virtually all of these 18 year olds drafted on draft day still need to fill out and get stronger. Not sure which all star beheomiths you are talking about that they should have taken instead. Again, it seems like for some, the Bruins should fire their entire scouting staff and simply draft the biggest players available.

Thanks I needed that, I was thinking nobody could read measurements here. Don't shoot too many people down, they'll start new threads on the Russian factor. :)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We had 5 picks. The first 3 were all 6 ' tall. The last two were 5' 11". First off, saying we drafted small is a huge overstatement. They are all kids and could easily grow another inch or two and are already average height for NHL, not small. Virtually all of these 18 year olds drafted on draft day still need to fill out and get stronger. Not sure which all star beheomiths you are talking about that they should have taken instead. Again, it seems like for some, the Bruins should fire their entire scouting staff and simply draft the biggest players available.

Probably like Greg Hawgood was 5'10'.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
Shocked they selected Pastrnak.

When I got home from work and found out about this pick I was very happy. I remember watching the WJC and thinking he was one of the best players on the czech team as a 17 year old.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'm pissed they passed on Adrian Kempe to take Pastrnak. I can't believe Los Angeles snagged him at 29.
I'm hoping it was like passing over Ryan Getzlaf to draft Zach Parise type of mistake, not the dealling down to pass them both over along with Brent Burns to draft Mark Stuart type of mistake.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Yup, instead we have a draft that will be competing with the 92 draft that included Kvartolnov, Panteleev, Dopita and Pavlov as one of the worst ever and set the tone for the girl scout hockey the Bruins would begin to play for a few years after that draft.

They passed on size and toughness left and right for small, undersized guys who all "need to get bigger and stronger", here's a thought, draft bigger and stronger guys.

I know it was a weak draft, but sadly the style of draft is what I expected from Gretzky, small, weak, soft players who will probably never play in the NHL.

Sets a very bad trend going forward in team philosophy.

So this thread is to say who you would have select to see in the future if you were right or wrong and you tell us how the B's don't have a clue, how you know everything, but you still fail to name any name you would have draft. That's kind of a safe strategy hey?

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
RW Alex Schoenborn from Portland Winterhawks and C Chase De Leo also from Winterhawks... De Leo had 39 goals for them last season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
nope, don`t see nearly enough Junior hockey to make that kind of judgement on young talent, way too many variables come into play as to whether a kid will ever make it in the NHL.

I don`t really watch the draft, I read the pre/post draft stuff a bit, I also have noticed a trend in my 30+ years of NHL hockey, the majority of these kids, first rounders or otherwise, will be choosing a new career path in a matter of years

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Just bear in mind that Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci and Brad Marchand would have been deemed bad picks under that criteria, and have a good laugh. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad