Now that Saad has signed..

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
:laugh:

This is going to be along couple of months. I, personally, won't. Mainly because I've never purchased one for anyone in the past. If I were to buy one, I think I might save it for Milano if he works out.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
For me I just prefer buying no names on jerseys because I usually believe team should come first.

Also, I would think I want to see how the player plays for a season or two before I would buy one.

(Obviously, I have no objection to wearing one if I won a signed one of course)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm with blah- never have bought one-plus in Austin it isn't cold enough to wear one very often.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
As for me, I'll probably wait to see how much game-worn are going for on Meigray..

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I only put my name and number on the jersey - or nothing at all. I figure I've been with the club longer than any of these guys and (God willing) I'll be with the club long after they're gone.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Probably not, if I were to ever get a jersey it'd likely by Jenner or Murray for me.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Or you could just go BPA .:laugh:

:laugh: ... that was a good burn ... light-hearted and funny.

Don't be too jealous ... those of us out west are really suffering. The lowest high temperature we've had for the last ~3 weeks has been 95 degrees, most days well over 100. It's been unbearable, and I've had to move during that time :help:

As for the thread, I voted no, not because I don't like Saad or the acquisition (quite the opposite, actually, loved the deal), but because I don't often buy personalized jerseys ... but when I do, I prefer Dubinsky's...

The-Most-Interesting-Man-In-The-World.jpg

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only time I ever considered saving up enough to purchase a player's jersey was Zherdev's... literally hours before he was traded.

So I don't do player jerseys. :)

(If ever I was going to do one since then, it would have been Umberger. Favorite number and favorite player at the time. Ultimately decided against.)

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
No. As a grown man, I don't put posters on my bedroom wall or wear another man's name on my back. Let alone a man who is 17 years younger than me.

Looks good on you though.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
My first named jersey i ever bought was Aubin in year 1. You see how long that lasted :laugh: I dont buy named jerseys anymore

Between my 2 friends and I, we have:
Nash, Voracek, Filatov, Kubalik (training camp), Gaborik.

Currently have a Johansen, Bobrovsky, and Atkinson. So pretty much plan on them getting moved at some point.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
No. As a grown man, I don't put posters on my bedroom wall or wear another man's name on my back. Let alone a man who is 17 years younger than me.
I don't really understand this mindset. Who cares if it's another man? Or what his age is? If it's an athlete you admire then why not don his jersey out of respect (if you so choose to buy a jersey)?

I can understand not wanting to buy a jersey due to the prices, but this reasoning.. it just befuddles me.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I chose maybe but wouldn't wait a year or two. It might be me deciding during the Summer and then get one when the season starts. When he was on the Hawks, I liked him(along with Shaw). So when Columbus got him,I was pumped. But before Saad, my next jersey was going to be Dubinsky. But now, it's between Dubinsky,Saad, and Bobrovsky. Who knows, maybe I won't get one and wear my Jenner 3rd. Got that at the beginning of the season and I have't worn it much yet.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Only player Jerseys I have ever bought were a Nash All-star jersey, and one from one of the charitable auctions. I can't even remember the name of the player on the charity jersey (the guy never made the Jackets). We see how both of those worked out.

Both are rotting in my closet.

So I no longer buy player jerseys.

On a side note.

All the player pictures that the team used to give to people who bought season tickets are also rotting in my closet, and the one picture that I actually bought of Filatov's hat trick game is also collecting dust in my closet. So glad they stopped giving us player pictures for re-upping.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I don't really understand this mindset. Who cares if it's another man? Or what his age is? If it's an athlete you admire then why not don his jersey out of respect (if you so choose to buy a jersey)?

I can understand not wanting to buy a jersey due to the prices, but this reasoning.. it just befuddles me.

I agree with Stretch - at my age, I'd feel silly in a named sweater (frankly, I feel a bit silly in my blank original!). Don't care what anyone else wears, that's just for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad