ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean this has got to be done, right ?

Panarin is 37 (15+22) in 30 games.
Kane is 36 (14+22) in 31 game.

stats are very similar, both teams are not in the play off zone currently.

Still, who’s better? Or they are simply even ?

solidmotion

Jun 5, 2012
production over the last three years:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 1.23.32 PM.png

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Panarin has been better than Kane pretty much every single year since he came into the league

These types of takes are why we can't rely on charts. Panarin's play driving and shot suppression is nice and he was better than his point totals suggest in Columbus, due to a poor PP, but they played together Panarin's first two years, and it was very clear Kane was better

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Panarin is just a better all around hockey player at this point in their careers. Nothing against Kane but we're talking about a guy in his twilight against a guy in his absolute prime.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Panarin is just a better all around hockey player at this point in their careers. Nothing against Kane but we're talking about a guy in his twilight against a guy in his absolute prime.
They're only 3 years apart and Kane just had 110 points and was probably the 2nd best season of his career. Kane probably isn't getting any better at this point and he's probably on the tail end of his prime but when I think of someone in their twilight I think of guys like Getzlaf and Thornton, not Kane.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
When i watch reviews of ranger games i not see what so special about panarin. Kane is the guy who dangle shit out of people, make nice highlight real plays, create scoring chanses with his skill, i not see it from panarin:help:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
They are very close, but I would pick Breadman for his age and he's more fun :laugh:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The fascination with age on this board is bizarre. Like Breadman is in the prime of his career. And the guy who is three years older (Kane) is somehow in the twilight. Yikes what a take. Beginning next year, I'm sure most board members here would take Alexis Lafreniere over McDavid for the next ten years. After all, CM is five years older. Right? I see it all the time in trade proposals too. Well X player is definitely better than Y player. But I'll take Y player because he's two years younger.

Reactions: psycat

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kane just put up a career high in points, and had the second best year of his career. But sure, hes in his twilight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad