Now: Panarin vs Kane

Better now?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's always been Panarin, outside of Kane's Hart season.

Since Panarin entered the league, Kane averages 12 more points per season. Over the last three years, it's more like 5 points.

Above average defensively >>>> miles below replacement-level defensively + ~7-8 points.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's always been Panarin.

Since Panarin entered the league, Kane averages 12 more points per season. Over the last three years, it's more like 5 points.

Above average defensively >>>> miles below replacement-level defensively + ~7-8 points.

Kane has massively outscored him in two seasons

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Only imagine Chicago could have had them both, pretty sure Panarin would have re-signed with Chicago this off season, he truly liked it there.

but thanks to that trade, I witnessed two best seasons of CBJ hockey

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
When i watch reviews of ranger games i not see what so special about panarin. Kane is the guy who dangle **** out of people, make nice highlight real plays, create scoring chanses with his skill, i not see it from panarin:help:

You're not the only one. I've seen Panarin a lot and he's pretty overrated. I don't think his points correspond to the actual impact he makes game to game. People around here just get too caught up in points nowadays.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Kane has much more awesome highlight reel plays. That's my argument
Because Kane is more talented. Better skater, stickhandler, playmaker etc. Panarin probably has a better shot though.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It's always been Panarin, outside of Kane's Hart season.

Wow, one player gets 12 more points than another player so he's better? Is this really how you compare players? Ever watched Kane and Panarin side by side?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wow, one player gets 12 more points than another player so he's better? Is this really how you compare players? Ever watched Kane and Panarin side by side?
I compare players across 200 feet, which HF loves to harp on until its one of their favorites, and then defense doesn't matter at all.

Reactions: Hint1k

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You're not the only one. I've seen Panarin a lot and he's pretty overrated. I don't think his points correspond to the actual impact he makes game to game. People around here just get too caught up in points nowadays.
You're literally describing Kane.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All these people saying AINEC are wrong. It's close. Kane is the better offensive player, Panarin is the better defensive player. Tie should give it to Kane because he's been doing this his whole career as opposed to Panarin whose breakout as an elite player is more recent.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Only imagine Chicago could have had them both, pretty sure Panarin would have re-signed with Chicago this off season, he truly liked it there.

There’s no way he would have signed in Chicago. He would have had to take a significant discount from what he signed in NY to make sense here and I don’t think he was ever looking to take a significant discount anywhere long term. There’s a reason he signed a deal here that lead him right to UFA. Breadman wanted that bread.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kane obviously has the longer track record and higher upside offensively. He’s had 2 100+ point seasons since Panarin came into the league, a level Artemi hasn’t nor probably never will hit.

357 points in 352 games for Panarin since entering NHL

417 points in 358 games for Kane in same time frame

So it’s basically a matter of examining their points in context and looking at their value as non-scorers.

Panarin has the better fancy stats and while he’ll never get votes for the Selke trophy, he can steal pucks and disrupt plays on the forecheck like Kane does not. He’s sort of like Mark stone lite in that regard for me.

Kane is somewhere between irrelevant and liablilty defensively.

As a Ranger fan, I’d still probably lean toward Kane for the upside offensively but Artemi has been great

lol at anyone saying ‘ainec’

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
I don’t know what you’re watching. I’m a rangers fan who didn’t want to sign Panarin for that contract but watching him every game, he’s unbelievable. Actually think Kane is still better, but Panarin seems to make a great play every shift. Not so much dangles, as controlling the puck, slowing the game down and finding guys who are wide open as a result. He could easily have 10 more pts on a better team but has turned Ryan Strome into a ppg player

Reactions: alexgreeen

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
And didn't the other three seasons.

Well this season is far from over, and one of those other 2 he still did by 15. The problem with using averaging stats is that league scoring has gone up and Kane happened to have one of the worst seasons of his career in the sample. Kane outscored Panarin by 29, 15 and 23 points in 3 of their first 4 seasons in the league, finishing top 3 in scoring each year. Kane's '18 was poor, but it was one of only 2 seasons in the last 7 he hasn't finished top 5 in PPG, and the other he finished 13th, so it was clearly an outlier for him. Panarin has had a great start this year and is getting close to matching his low PP numbers from full seasons, so he might put up big totals and close the production gap for non-outlier Kane seasons, but you're really underselling how big that gap has been before this year. Calling it roughly 7 or 8 points is ridiculous. And Panarin's individual and on-ice shooting percentages are quite inflated while Kane's are close to his numbers in recent years, so I would expect things to normalize going forward

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

Worst take I've seen in a long time. It's clear you rarely watch Panarin. The guy could be the #1 start of just about every Ranger game. He drives the offense, rarely turns the puck over and actually plays defense. Without this guy, this young Ranger team is a bottom 3 team.
I could go either way with who I would choose, but some of these takes on Panarin are absolutely clueless.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's closer than I would have predicted a couple years back, but I still go with Kane because of his track record in the playoffs. Panarin is more of an unknown commodity in that regard, at least as of now.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don

That's great

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It's closer than I would have predicted a couple years back, but I still go with Kane because of his track record in the playoffs. Panarin is more of an unknown commodity in that regard, at least as of now.
Did you not watch Columbus play off series last two years? Panarin was the best player.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I almost forgot Panarin started out with Kane.

I really don’t know, this is really close.

panarin AINEC

I love Panarin, he’s one of the top players in this game and I was one of the ones defending his conract when others ripped on it but please guy..@ the “AINEC”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad