GDT: November 25, 2014 - the Los Angeles Kings vs. YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Whether or not the penalty on Weber or the guy that got one on Beck were penalties, I will say the calls were consistent. I think they were both penalties as they targeted the head and if they're trying to eliminate head shots they made the right calls.

couldn't agree more.:handclap: (and "that guy" = Brayden McNabb)

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Long time (1975-present) Kings fan, third year Preds season seat holder here... wore a Preds MUZZIN jersey to eliminate conflict. Have to say, I'm so happy the Preds got the two points last night. They never stopped working, and although the Kings did their best to play as physical as they could against Nashville's forwards, it was the horrific defensive play of guys like McNabb and Greene that separates the Stanley Cup winning team of last year and this year's current incarnation. The Slava Voynov situation tore the heart out of their blueline, and Alec Martinez' injury has further decimated the core to the core... I never want to see McNabb or McBain have to play against skilled players again, but I am resigned to it for the coming weeks.

Martin Jones could easily have been the #1 star if the game had ended in regulation, as he was fanning fires being started by 2 - 3 - 5 - and 6...

From a personal perspective, I am happy to have this game over with. Now I can go back to being a far less conflicted, happily optimistic Preds fan.

Saw Mike Fisher in between periods 2 and 3, and thought about what a boost to the team it will be to have him back in the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freefly

Jul 2, 2014
great win but there are some serious n00bs that go to preds games.

smh

So from having to give away tickets to meet the quota, to complaining about the level of fans we have? Lets be happy we have sell outs, its not long ago we were in real risk of having to relocate. Welcome the noobs. We were all noob fans once.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So from having to give away tickets to meet the quota, to complaining about the level of fans we have? Lets be happy we have sell outs, its not long ago we were in real risk of having to relocate. Welcome the noobs. We were all noob fans once.

No one hates having people in the barn or that the sport is growing, but for an oldtimer it is kind of hard to sit quietly while the 22 year old on a date tries to explain hockey ALL WRONG. If you don't know, admit it--I've been watching hockey over 50 years and I'm still not exactly clear on some things.

It's the little things--Darryl Sutter is Ryan $uter's dad. Filip Forsberg is Peter's son, Trotz is really doing a great job with the Preds this year, young girls who squeal over everything, visiting fans who feel they should bring their barn experience to yours, people who get up to go get snacks at the wrong time, people who lean, and people who block your view of the action. But eventually they learn and then they're the fans grumbling about the newbies.

In most instances it's rude to correct them, though my seatmate had no problems telling the guy standing up during overtime that he needed to SIT DOWN.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
In most instances it's rude to correct them, though my seatmate had no problems telling the guy standing up during overtime that he needed to SIT DOWN.

I wish we would start a new tradition of standing up the entire overtime actually.

And I'm a seat leaner, as most are when they are interested in the play. As a matter of fact I sat in 303 a couple of years ago and a lady (possibly you) fussed at me for leaning. I've never been back to that section since.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Okay, I'm guilty of the going to get snacks, when is the appropriate time? lol

Leave during time outs or intermissions, not while play is going on--and particularly if the play is happening (Edit for clarity) near the area your seats are in or during a time when your team is threatening to score.

Seat Leaner: I am, too. That's why I got a seat that backs up to a wall. When people in front of you lean, it's really hard to see the action, particularly around the net. People who wear ball caps indoors also block the view. I've never sat in 303 so it wasn't me. I didn't start speaking up til I got old, anyway. :laugh:

Standing through overtime--fine if EVERYONE is standing. The problem is blocking the view, not the action itself.

Last edited:

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Most people in 207 seem to leave with about 4 minutes to go in regulation. Kinda laughable.

Also, what the hell was up with PA announcer Paul McCann announcing #14 Justin Williams as the Kings last shooter, when it was #74 Dwight King? Personally, from a Kings perspective, I would have MUCH rather seen Williams :)

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
No one hates having people in the barn or that the sport is growing, but for an oldtimer it is kind of hard to sit quietly while the 22 year old on a date tries to explain hockey ALL WRONG. If you don't know, admit it--I've been watching hockey over 50 years and I'm still not exactly clear on some things.

It's the little things--Darryl Sutter is Ryan $uter's dad. Filip Forsberg is Peter's son, Trotz is really doing a great job with the Preds this year, young girls who squeal over everything, visiting fans who feel they should bring their barn experience to yours, people who get up to go get snacks at the wrong time, people who lean, and people who block your view of the action. But eventually they learn and then they're the fans grumbling about the newbies.

I hate that I am in the 2nd row of my section and people in the first row decide to stand for no apparent reason. They don't even know what they're watching, and are usually playing Candy Crush for long stretches during the game itself.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He's almost my age--probably eyesight. 1 and 7 look remarkably similar. Or it was misprinted on the sheet he was given, who knows?

Iron Duke, you get up off the couch way too much during the broadcast. And quit walking in front of the screen when you head to the fridge. You make a better door than you do a window. <grin>

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Leaners drive me nuts. But I do admit to being one of those who will leave with 5ish left in the game but mainly just during the week. It's a haul back to the Boro and even moreso when getting stuck in a parking garage for an hour.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Leaners drive me nuts. But I do admit to being one of those who will leave with 5ish left in the game but mainly just during the week. It's a haul back to the Boro and even moreso when getting stuck in a parking garage for an hour.

If you want/are able to make the 10 minute walk to and from LP Field, you can park for free and 24 is right there. No traffic.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He's almost my age--probably eyesight. 1 and 7 look remarkably similar. Or it was misprinted on the sheet he was given, who knows?

Iron Duke, you get up off the couch way too much during the broadcast. And quit walking in front of the screen when you head to the fridge. You make a better door than you do a window. <grin>

:laugh:

I don't have to worry about leaners, OPK (Other People's Kids), visiting fans, drunks, or the Hollywood types that infect Staples. Don't mind games at Honda Center (Ducks) as much though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
for everyone giving nitrous a hard time... I seriously doubt that he doesnt want the n00bs in the barn, but you have to admit they can wear you out, especially the ones who dont understand why its not only discourteous to leave your seat while the puck is in play but actually dangerous especially in the lower bowl.

I was a n00b in 1999 when I first started attending and if they no longer do the "for your information" regarding hockey courtesy during intermission or TV timeouts some people may not learn unless someone like us can politely tell them

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I wish we would start a new tradition of standing up the entire overtime actually.

And I'm a seat leaner, as most are when they are interested in the play, As a matter of fact I sat in 303 a couple of years ago and a lady (possibly you) fussed at me for leaning. I've never been back to that section since.

I had a terrible experience the only time I ever sat in 303, a drunk guy spilled his Nachos all over my jersey and wouldn't apologize. I came so close to knocking him out. And the comments from numerous people in the section were just completely uncalled for. Some real ****** in that section, and honestly Ill never be able to sit there again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
for everyone giving nitrous a hard time... I seriously doubt that he doesnt want the n00bs in the barn, but you have to admit they can wear you out, especially the ones who dont understand why its not only discourteous to leave your seat while the puck is in play but actually dangerous especially in the lower bowl.

I was a n00b in 1999 when I first started attending and if they no longer do the "for your information" regarding hockey courtesy during intermission or TV timeouts some people may not learn unless someone like us can politely tell them

Paul makes a statement about hockey courtesy at every game referencing staying in your seat til there's a stoppage in play. Maybe it's something that should be mentioned more than once instead of just during the pre-game announcements.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Paul makes a statement about hockey courtesy at every game referencing staying in your seat til there's a stoppage in play. Maybe it's something that should be mentioned more than once instead of just during the pre-game announcements.

I agree, unless you know its coming you probably dont realize what hes talking about.. too perfunctory... needs to be on the 'tron along with the guy getting hit in the face with pucks

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
If you want/are able to make the 10 minute walk to and from LP Field, you can park for free and 24 is right there. No traffic.

The other secret squirrel route is to turn left out of that parking lot and go around LP field, kicks you right out onto the on ramp to 24.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I agree, unless you know its coming you probably dont realize what hes talking about.. too perfunctory... needs to be on the 'tron along with the guy getting hit in the face with pucks

This ^^ people who have never seen a puck fly through the stands don't believe it.

I politely answer questions and occasionally "volunteer" the correct answer when there is stuff flying around me.:D Usually people appreciate it, cause they just don't know.
Answered a lady(who didn't ask me) last night when she asked about the duck calls. ie, goose.......she appreciated it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I park at the Pinnacle so I am able to head down 3rd to Lindsley, cross 2nd and then hit First/Hermitage Ave/Lebanon Rd. After that it's a straight shot to my house so I stay on Lebanon, but there is an I-24/40E access nearby that might be helpful for some of you. You turn right on Willow/Fairfield then left on Green where there's an onramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad