GDT: November 25, 2014 - the Los Angeles Kings vs. YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Only got to watch the first in its entirety then bits and pieces thanks to driVing through souther STL.

Smith's goal was a great start ... Doughty's painful to watch. Points are great and a successful kill all night is too, not getting a ROW isn't .... eventually there had to be another PP goal scored at home.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Hate that OT had to end and this great game had to be decided by a gimmick.

It's so nice to be able to feel like you can win any game again. Makes for great entertainment.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm actually shocked we didn't score on the pp, but 2 post will kill that....

All in all a really good game.

I think the 1st goal was a fluke, I think Rinne should have had the 3rd one but I think it caught him off guard.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm actually shocked we didn't score on the pp, but 2 post will kill that....

All in all a really good game.

I think the 1st goal was a fluke, I think Rinne should have had the 3rd one but I think it caught him off guard.

Definitely agree that he was caught off guard- probably didn't expect Doughty to be able to waltz through 4 Predators and get a shot off...

That was bad all the way around, and although he should have had it, I fault the D on that more than Rinne

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Whether or not the penalty on Weber or the guy that got one on Beck were penalties, I will say the calls were consistent. I think they were both penalties as they targeted the head and if they're trying to eliminate head shots they made the right calls.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Man I missed one hell of a game today apparently. Glad to see the preds can win a game against a great team where the first line is -2 with 0 points(though neal did have the winner). I wonder if thats telling of how defensively responsible they were or how well the Kings players they were matched up against(having only watched the highlights I have no clue)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great game Preds!!

So many posts!

Excellent PK-ing tonight! Even though the PP didn't score, it got some shots, generated some chances, and provided some momentum even after the pp was over.

Remember in years past when a Tuesday in November would be lucky to draw 12k? Tonight the building was standing room only, loud, and almost felt like a playoff game! :yo:

TorNsh*

Forsberg splitting the D and wiring it off the post was just, wow. :amazed:

Entertaining game.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
great win but there are some serious n00bs that go to preds games.

smh

Yeh, new fans converting to the most exciting pro sport on the planet...who needs em! Wish the stadium was just filled with day 1 ticket holders instead of all these fans-come-lately that don't have knowledge of the game.

I don't know why the Thrashers weren't viable.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
As y'all are munching on your free Frostys thanks to The Real Deal, here's a little trivia question for you:

The Nashville Predators have scored 4 or more goals against every other team in the NHL - except for one. The question: what team is it?

As you ponder that (Hint: there's a couple of reasons for it, and it's also a bit ironic), here's some Shootout stathead stuff:

• Don't think the shootout is essentially a coin flip? Last night was the 47th win by the Predators in the shootout since its inception as an NHL regular season tiebreaker in 2005. They have played in exactly 94 shootouts since that time. Yep, that's right: Preds are 47-47 (.500) in the shootout.
  • This was the 12th time Nashville has taken consecutive games to the shootout. In those 12 "pairs" of games, this is the 7th time they've swept the two games.
    • Feb. 25/28, 2007 - at CLB (4-3), at SAN (4-3)
    • Feb. 12/14, 2009 - STL (4-3), BOS (3-2)
    • Nov. 19/21, 2009 - NJD (3-2), CLB (4-3)
    • Nov. 11/13, 2010 - at STL (3-2), CHI (4-3)
    • Dec. 28/30, 2011 - MIN (2-1), at STL (2-1)
    • Jan. 31/Feb 2, 2013 - at LOS (2-1), at SAN (2-1)
  • It's also only the 3rd time Nashville has won back-to-back shootouts at home. Nashville has dropped both games of back-to-backs three times.
    • Mar. 4/6, 2007 - at ANA (2-3), at DET (3-4)
    • Jan. 12/13, 2008 - at CLB (1-2), CHI (2-3)
    • Mar. 19/24, 2009 - at SAN (2-3), ANA (1-2)
  • The other two games were a win-then-loss and a loss-then win - the first, a loss on Nov. 7, 2007 at Detroit (3-2) coupled with a win (4-3) at home over Columbus.
  • The win-loss combo was March 25 and 27 of 2010, with a 4-3 win over Phoenix, followed by a 1-0 shootout loss at the Joe to Detroit.
  • That shootout loss to the Wings was the longest shootout in franchise history. The two teams took the competition to 11 rounds, with the Wings scoring twice to the Preds' once. Niklas Kronwall scored in the top of the 11th while Francois Boullion was stopped by Jimmy Howard for the Wings win.
  • Nashville has never played in back-to-back-to-back shootouts. In 2007, however, they did play in five shootouts over seven games, from February 22 to March 6. They went 2-3 in the shootout, and coupled it with an OT win and a regulation win for an interesting 4-0-3 record.
  • At the beginning of the lockout-shortened 2013 season, the Preds had five shootouts in their first eight games, going 2-3 in those shootouts and 1-2 in regulation for a 3-2-3 start.
  • Milestone alerts: Pekka Rinne is now at a combined 190 wins in net as a Predator, between the regular season and the playoffs.
  • Craig Smith's next goal puts him at 50 with the Preds; Nystrom's next one gives him 20 as a Pred.

Oh, the trivia answer?

:devils

The Preds have not scored four goals at the Bridge against New Jersey since their inception in 1998. Having played only 19 games against them as a franchise - and having the fifth lowest GPG against them among their 29 NHL opponents, this should come as no surprise.

The ironic thing, of course, is that the Devils were rumored at one point in the early-to-mid 1990's to be moving to Nashville. As the Bridge was still under construction at the time, the move didn't happen.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
It is really nice to win when your top line gets shut down and your goalie was a little off. Good teams can win when these things happen. Wilson is looking better and better as the season goes on. That line is legit. We really played a great overall game against one of the best teams in the league. Love knowing we can win any game we go into. Keep it rolling Preds!!

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

smh

Yeah - run those 'noobs' off so we can just get the REAL hockey fans in there on a Tuesday night during football season. I for one welcome a return to the 11k crowds!

:shakehead

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

smh

I'm ALWAYS happy for the n00bs to introduce to the sport. Yes, I know, sometimes yelling the wrong thing at the wrong time, but Nash is becoming a good sports town with passionate fans of the city's teams - we can teach them hockey. :nod:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The new fans of today are the passionate fans of tomorrow, I guess. Still, I made the decision to move to different seats this year as a result of newbie irritation so I'm obviously a "do as I say, not as I do" type. And I feel kind of bad about this but Florida game there was a little girl sitting in front of me, going nuts about the whole experience. She was in my way and I may have voiced my frustration a little too loudly because her parents gathered her and her brother up and left. Whoops! But the rest of the game had a better sight line. ;-) Dang, I'm turning into that crabby old person I swore I'd never become. Get off my lawn.

Ummm. Pie. Want some?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Why is it a problem that new people are interested? You know what's nice to see on a Tuesday night during football season?

"Arena: Bridgestone Arena
Attendance: 17,181 (100.4% full)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad