Injury Report: Nov. 6 upd: Braydon Coburn could return as early as Saturday

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
His criticism is very fair. We aren't talking about Timonen being blamed for Kane's goal here, we are talking about a guy who tends to be terrible for about 20 games a year, every year.

So you quantify "very fair" in terms of 20 games? Pretty arbitrary and flawed IMO. Also, I recall one season in particular where he probably could be characterized as playing poorly for far too long and as I've noted it's usually when he's thrust into a more prominent role b/c of bad luck and a GM who had no clue how to put together or build a complementary D corps.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So you quantify "very fair" in terms of 20 games? Pretty arbitrary and flawed IMO. Also, I recall one season in particular where he probably could be characterized as playing poorly for far too long and as I've noted it's usually when he's thrust into a more prominent role b/c of bad luck and a GM who had no clue how to put together or build a complementary D corps.

your going to drag the Holmgren fanboys into this.
this could get good. haha

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Update from Nov. 3:

Flyers team scope: Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn took the next step in his recovery from a lower-body injury Monday when he skated for about 30 minutes. It was his first time on the ice since Oct. 21, and he reported no pain after the workout. "It was good to get back out there and ease into it," Coburn said, according to CSNPhilly.com. "There is definitely improvement and it felt good. … I thought it was good to get the warm-up in and see how it reacts and go from there [Tuesday]."

http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020174

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Does Schultz get knocked back down when Coburn is back? It's a shame if he does, he's been playing well. In fact the entire defense has been playing surprisingly well lately. Streit seems to be a part of a few breakdowns a game, but when you're playing 28 minutes I guess that happens.

This seems way ahead of schedule though, doesn't it?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Does Schultz get knocked back down when Coburn is back? It's a shame if he does, he's been playing well. In fact the entire defense has been playing surprisingly well lately. Streit seems to be a part of a few breakdowns a game, but when you're playing 28 minutes I guess that happens.

This seems way ahead of schedule though, doesn't it?

Depends on when he actually dresses for a game again. Maybe a week ahead, not that much.
Wasn't he expected to come back Oct. 18th before the setback?

Ironically, we will have an abundance of defensemen soon.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was hurt on October 8th, so it's almost been four weeks from then. I guess when he's fit they will go with:

MDZ-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
Schultz/CC-Schenn

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull
After talking to Berube, it sounds like Coby will play Sat. for #Flyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad