Injury Report: Nov 21; Dec. 6; Dec. 13; Dec. 19 (Couturier)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NHL Buzz: McDonagh out 2-4 weeks for Predators with upper-body injury
James van Riemsdyk hopes to return for the Flyers against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday or at Vegas on Friday.​
The forward had surgery to repair a broken left index finger Oct. 28. He was expected to be out six weeks; Friday will be exactly six weeks after surgery.​
"I'm definitely progressing," van Riemsdyk said. "It's a slow, tedious thing. ... Day by day I feel like I'm getting better. Hoping to be pretty close to getting back into the swing of things and get into a game pretty soon."​

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Nah. JVR wants to go out there, score a bunch of goals and get traded at the TDL to a team with a shot at the Cup.
He's got an "out clause."
It's the guys with long-term deals that are stuck here the problem.

Fixed it for ya........

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
JvR appears to be part of the regular lines at today's practice. Atkinson is wearing no-contact color. At least from how I interpret Jordan Hall's comment. Practice just began.

Reactions: BiggE

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Glad that the TL injury looks fairly minor.

Sad that he's coming out of the lineup for JVR, when it could have been Brown.

Mad that it was never going to be Deslauriers or MacEwen coming out.
Brown, Willman, MacEwen, Deslaurier, Seeler, Braun, Ristolainen, all riff raff that need new addresses. It shouldn’t be hard to find a slot to open up when a legitimate player is coming off of the IR

Reactions: BiggE

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It's easy to waive Willman or Brown, not so easy to open a roster spot to sign AA which they definitely want to do.
With the number of teams that are short defensemen right now, wouldn't you think that waiving Braun, Seeler or Risto might do the trick. Heck for all that he's shown, TDA as well. Risto might be a toughie due to his contract but the others might be moveable.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You people obsess about middle round draft picks, but want to give away players who could garner you those picks (not Willman or Brown, but Seeler, Braun and MacEwen may have value at the TDL).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MacEwen just cleared waivers 2 months ago. Besides him and Seeler are foundational pieces. :laugh:
Sedlak was claimed on waivers, neither player had enough PT for anyone to see if they were for real.
MacEwen has 8 points in 24 games, is an energy guy, a team needing forward depth would be happy to have him on the 4th line.
Seeler has been our most consistent D-man all season, come the TDL, teams will be looking for defensive depth.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Contracts matter, Voracek had negative value even before he broke down. That's why Columbus gave away Bjorkstrand to sign JG.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
My comments was really... they have more value to us now than the top line guys who are out or underperforming.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
You people obsess about middle round draft picks, but want to give away players who could garner you those picks (not Willman or Brown, but Seeler, Braun and MacEwen may have value at the TDL).
1670618470555.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Can't wait to see the excuses when Seeler and MacEwen aren't traded.
We'll see. I think they'll clean house at the TDL, make room to audition prospects.
Depends what they're offered, but Seeler is effectively a one year deal (two way next season), MacEwen and Sedlak one year.
JVR and Braun are no-brainers.
Sedlak is the one I might keep around at a reasonable price, given the lack of centers in the organization right now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We'll see. I think they'll clean house at the TDL, make room to audition prospects.
Depends what they're offered, but Seeler is effectively a one year deal (two way next season), MacEwen and Sedlak one year.
JVR and Braun are no-brainers.
Sedlak is the one I might keep around at a reasonable price, given the lack of centers in the organization right now.

You also thought the emphasis on the season would be prospect evaluation and that veterans would never get in the way; the Serenissimo Tortorella would never allow it.

That's not happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad