GDT: Nov 1st - Flames vs Red Wings - 7PM MT - SNET-W

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, the Red Wings' GDT has been a much more tolerable read.

Not to mention the punchline has only been preceded by one sentence comments at best, there's no insight or intelligence to them at all.

Just because we are fans of the team does not mean we have to be fans of the fan base.

Are you saying you aren't a fan of me? :(

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
No, it stopped being funny in the Maple Leafs' thread when people were basically making the same posts minus irony.
I disagree. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Hartley may have been trying to get Backlund to play more loosely for some time now but the message just wasn't getting across. It sounded in his pre-game interview like Backlund understood what Hartley was trying to do. The whole "Backlund isn't getting ice time so how can he show his offence" argument doesn't really hold up because you can show offense and creativity without necessarily producing statistically, which is what Colborne has been doing lately, unlike Backs. That is why Colborne got more minutes which is the entire point of the ice time-meritocracy that Hartley is supposedly using.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Brodie give away and MacDonald gives up a softy...

But what's really telling is Backlund, twiddling his bloody thumbs on the bench!!

Aug 3, 2010
Are you saying you aren't a fan of me? :(
yes-man1.jpg

yes.jpg

yes_logo.png

YES.jpg

say-yes.jpg

:sarcasm:?​

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I disagree. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Hartley may have been trying to get Backlund to play more loosely for some time now but the message just wasn't getting across. It sounded in his pre-game interview like Backlund understood what Hartley was trying to do. The whole "Backlund isn't getting ice time so how can he show his offence" argument doesn't really hold up because you can show offense and creativity without necessarily producing statistically, which is what Colborne has been doing lately, unlike Backs. That is why Colborne got more minutes which is the entire point of the ice time-meritocracy that Hartley is supposedly using.

But again, it's that very premise that Backlund wasn't generating anything offensively when given the chance that I disagree with. And adding to that is the fact that Backlund's play was virtually uncriticized by our fan base until the scratch.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Glencross padding his stats.

I honestly don't understand Hartley's strategy. Backlund and Cammalleri have a good scoring chance early on and Hartley's response is to never play them together again. The powerplay looks abysmal, but he keeps throwing the same guys out there.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Glencross padding his stats.

I honestly don't understand Hartley's strategy. Backlund and Cammalleri have a good scoring chance early on and Hartley's response is to never play them together again. The powerplay looks abysmal, but he keeps throwing the same guys out there.

Maybe it's too early to tell, but from what I've seen so far this year, Hartley very much prefers to make lineup changes between games. He seems really reluctant to change anything mid-game, even between periods.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
-Joey Stacks had a bad game
-Backlund is told he needs to produce offensively, but is put on the 4th line with energy wingers. No powerplay time is seen. Had a great shift with Cammalleri and another one with Jones; never saw ice time with these players again.
-Powerplay coach needs to get work done. Hartley needs to line juggle his PP squads again

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hard to win with goaltending like that.

Don't know why Calgary doesn't move Backs to the wing on the Cammy/Colborne line... Galiardi doesn't have the tool set to play on the top 6.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Joey Mac is infuriating to watch. He makes some unbelievable saves, but can't for the life of him go more than a handful of periods without allowing a few absolute stinkers. We win this game with average goaltending tonight.

Another decent effort tonight, but unfortunately effort can only take a team so far.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Joey Mac is infuriating to watch. He makes some unbelievable saves, but can't for the life of him go more than a few periods without allowing a few absolute stinkers. We win this game with average goaltending tonight.

Another decent effort tonight, but unfortunately effort can only take a team so far.

Agreed. I'd like to see them try Backlund on the wing.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I think it is time for Reto Berra..or dare I even say Joni Ortio?

Our goaltending is just not cutting it. Both netminders are below an .890 SV%.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I think it is time for Reto Berra..or dare I even say Joni Ortio?

Our goaltending is just not cutting it. Both netminders are below an .890 SV%.
Yeah we've had two stinkers in a row here, effectively giving away four points when the team outplayed the opposition. That is unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad