Post-Game Talk: Nov. 13 2015 calgary them @ washington us

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
That's a goal. That's what you get when you put out Orlov and ****ing Johansson on at the same time in 3-on-3 OT. Way to go Trotz.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
This team has no chance of winning it all if you show up with this level of effort as consistently as they do. It's frustrating because when they do put in the effort as a team they can beat anyone on a regular basis.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Pathetic effort against a pathetic team. Playing down to our opponents level yet again. As soon as I saw that line I knew Calgary was gonna score. Mojo and Orlov? WTF Trotz.

TeamBandWagon

Sep 28, 2015
I was going to use the word lackadaisical, but I'll give Carlson the benefit of the doubt and say it looked like he was playing with the flu.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary deserved the win, OV frankly didn't deserve a goal, and I don't care how many shots we got we weren't the least bit dangerous until the last 10 minutes. One thing that strikes me about this team is that we almost never get odd man rushes. Like never.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Horrendous effort. At least we got the point and the pens lost in regulation. Better than going home with nothing.

99% of the time I would agree with you but this effort level has been around for too many games. I think this team needs to be embarrassed before they wake up and put in the work. Unfortunately this team is very talented and has won several games almost by accident.

They kept mentioning about how it takes 20 games for a team to forge it's identity. I'm not liking what I see at game 16.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Don't feel like we cross the blue like with any speed on our rushes. Feels like we're a slow and plodding team, no different than last season.

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Team needs to get some motivation and play full throttle. Long layoff until the Detroit game, so I expect the same if not worse effort Wednesday.

Go Caps!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Man he just scored yesterday, not his fault Justin Williams was offside.
The team is 11-4-1, no need to press the panic button.

The team is 1-1-1 the last 3 games. Time to rebuild :sarcasm:

Judging from the lowlights and the thread, I didn't miss much.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA

You didn't.
I went hoping to see Ovy pass Feds, and a Caps W. I saw neither :(

Caps had slight edge in 1st. All of 2nd and first half of 3rd Flames looked like the fresher team, Caps play was sloppy. Then the Caps picked it up back half of 3rd and carried the play. Down 2 late, and the way they played overall, I'll take the 1 pt and look to the next game :popcorn:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Will gladly take the point. Not a fun game to watch considering how much the team was out of sync for most of the game. Good for Lats since coming back in the lineup he's look better.

tumblr_m2ehvbUDiI1rsz3qoo1_500.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Typical overreaction from this board, so I wouldn't read too much into it. They didn't play great the first two periods but they weren't near as bad as people here are making them out to be. What happened last night was a hockey game; both teams had periods of strong play and periods where they looked bad. The goalies were sharp as well.

It gets really tiresome reading how everyone thinks this team should dominate every minute of every game and win every battle and score every goal. This team is tied for the 4th best record in the NHL and they're 3rd in the East both in standings and in GD. They're suppressing shots at a rate not seen since 2007-08. There's room to improve, sure, but the hyperbole on here is getting old. The Caps are a good hockey team.

Also, Ovie has scored twice in the last two games... not his fault they were overturned.

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
Second period sucked, but it really wasn't as bad as everyone is making it. The first period was a pretty good period, just nothing went in. We had a lot of very good chances and the Flames weren't getting anything great. Last 10 minutes had some fun hockey to watch. The arena went ape**** after goal number 2. Like some people have said...11-4-1...not worried yet.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the Great 8 has 8 goals, 8 assists, and is a plus 8. Maybe he just wants to stay there a while :)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Effort level is not contender material.

Ovechkin above all, floating, not sacrificing.

Bura regressing and their reliance on Wilson for offense of any kind is also hurting.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Typical overreaction from this board, so I wouldn't read too much into it. They didn't play great the first two periods but they weren't near as bad as people here are making them out to be. What happened last night was a hockey game; both teams had periods of strong play and periods where they looked bad. The goalies were sharp as well.

It gets really tiresome reading how everyone thinks this team should dominate every minute of every game and win every battle and score every goal. This team is tied for the 4th best record in the NHL and they're 3rd in the East both in standings and in GD. They're suppressing shots at a rate not seen since 2007-08. There's room to improve, sure, but the hyperbole on here is getting old. The Caps are a good hockey team.

Also, Ovie has scored twice in the last two games... not his fault they were overturned.

There is exactly one thing that no amount of bad luck or opposition skill can have any effect on. That's your effort. This teams effort as a whole is disturbingly poor on far too regular a basis. The fact that this team is still winning is actually counterproductive. Instead of learning from being embarrassed by SJ/NYR they continue with horrible effort. That is inexcusable.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
There is exactly one thing that no amount of bad luck or opposition skill can have any effect on. That's your effort. This teams effort as a whole is disturbingly poor on far too regular a basis. The fact that this team is still winning is actually counterproductive. Instead of learning from being embarrassed by SJ/NYR they continue with horrible effort. That is inexcusable.

Disagree a little. They seemed to learn from Sharks game, went out and swept a Western Canada trip. But they get cocky and forget what got them there. Then they rationalize a loss like the ones to Pitt... 5 days off and New York... You can't win 'em all. A disturbing pattern to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad