Reactions: Ginger Papa

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Hope Stastny is okay.
Was Wheeler injured because he seems to have found some lost get up and go
Broken ribs.

Did you notice those red circles on Dubois' neck? Looked like he has having suction therapy (yeah, it's a thing). I'm thinking that he's been playing injured for most of his time with the Jets.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Broken ribs.

Did you notice those red circles on Dubois' neck? Looked like he has having suction therapy (yeah, it's a thing). I'm thinking that he's been playing injured for most of his time with the Jets.

I saw that also.....he certainly is not playing physically or with the same energy as he did in CBJ for multi years......so I’m waiting to see after the year is over if he’s dealt with a injury all year or not or needs surgery or something

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Broken ribs.

Cupping. Yup, noticed.

Nothing burger of a game but a win is a win and any time you beat the Leafs (but, but, but Marner) is a good thing. So thanks Jets.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
No Marner, No Ehlers, No Stastny or PLD for parts of the game and we came out on the winning end.
Good game and I think it is important for Helle to go into the playoffs with a win and KC getting some goals. Absolutely deked the fack out of Campbell (best goalie in the league if you frequent the Leafs board).

Glad Chevy didn't give anything up for Foligno or Savard.

Something tells me Ehlers isn't back for the first playoff game.

Nucks play Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ok guys, rest up, practice and come out vs the Oilers in beast mode. Play McJesus & LD physical & hard all series, hit them every chance we can, wear them out & lay a physical beat down on them every time they touch that puck.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
When Scheifele and Laine went down in Game 1 against the Flames last year, the only hope the Jets had was if their other scorers, Ehlers and Connor in particular, stepped up. Ehlers did, and more, but Connor was about as effective as I would have been, and I'm 61. He was my biggest disappointment last year.

So it's really, really good to see him getting hot right at playoff time this year. I still don't like the Jets' chances against the Oilers, but if Connor is scoring, they're a lot better than if he's not, which would put their chances at zero.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good game. I liked the hustle for the most part and was pretty happy with the teams spacing and puck support. I'm not sure if it was due to them being more dialed in or two teams really not going at it full throttle.

Helle was good but probably would like that first one back.

I thought Morrissey had a strong all around night, I liked his quick one touch passes to an open player in the dzone. I also liked his decision making and puck movement in the offensive end. He just needs to keep the play moving and jump into holes like he did tonight. I thought DeMelo wasn't as sharp as he normally is, some botched breakouts, a bit off positionally but all in all they are a really effective pairing and should have played together all year.

Pionk was solid, moved the puck well, was fiesty and got some good shots away. Forbert was pretty solid outside a few big gaffs.

I thought the third pair really struggled tonight. Stanley was handling the puck like a grenade in his end at times and coughed it up frequently. He was also caught flat footed on a couple of occasions and was in no man's land on their second goal. Benn is just the definition of a PB dmen and is pretty mediocre across the board. I'm not sure what Moe has planned but I don't think we can afford to weaken our top four to shore up that pairing.

CSW was really strong and was competent in their end which was nice. Conner was flying , finishing and presenting himself as a target all night. I also liked some of the nz pocket picks and the fact that he was making the smart reversal play in his end. Scheifele was very good all around tonight and Wheeler was solid.

Second line wasn't great and we lost both Paul and Dubois. We really need to get this line going and I thought bumping up Thompson and Lewis over Harkins was not at all the way to do it. I appreciate what both bring to the fourth but neither has any business near a scoring line. Harkins has solid hands and good vision plus he's quick and would have made way more sense.

Third line just did its thing and scored a nice goal.

I am happy Harkins scored that en goal, I thought he played well and set up a quality look earlier in the game.

Glad the team is heading into the post season in a better mood them they were in a week ago and with some confidence.

Last edited:

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Broken ribs.

There needs to be some reason/excuse....he has been MIA. He is Lowry with better hands so far.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad