GDT: note@satans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It's a possibility, but is it really worth it? He's looked decent when given a chance to play so far this year. I don't see a reason to waive him when we can just put Oshie on the IR until he comes back.

If Jaskin needs to be sent down to make room for Pajaarvi, then waive Pajaarvi. Why is he being kept around? For fear of losing him for nothing? Get rid of him or get rid of Lindstrom.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's only worth keeping Jaskin up if there is a spot to give him consistent minutes, which there wouldn't be without another injury. No need to Cole him.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If Jaskin needs to be sent down to make room for Pajaarvi, then waive Pajaarvi. Why is he being kept around? For fear of losing him for nothing? Get rid of him or get rid of Lindstrom.
I don't want Jaskin to get the Cole treatment. I want him playing every game, and playing significant minutes. We'll use the time that Oshie is out to evaluate Jaskin. If he shows he deserves consistent NHL minutes then we can look at making a spot for him. Otherwise, it'd just be a waste of an asset to let Lindstrom or Paajarvi go.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I honestly don't think Jaskin has earned his spot yet. If he's forced into the lineup because of injuries, he's not a liability in any way, but he doesn't contribute enough to the team to waive a player to keep him in the lineup in my opinion. He still seems very concerned about making a mistake. In the Q and even in the AHL, he had some poise with the puck, and he was willing to keep his head up to try to make a play. Right now, the second he gets the puck in th eoffensive zone, he almost immediately fires it into the corner on the cycle without really seeing the play develop.

I guess it's a bit of a catch 22 because he's not going to settle in without NHL ice time, but if the team is healthy, I think he belongs in the AHL for now. Not sure if I'm crazy, but I just don't think he's forced his way in yet.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I honestly don't think Jaskin has earned his spot yet. If he's forced into the lineup because of injuries, he's not a liability in any way, but he doesn't contribute enough to the team to waive a player to keep him in the lineup in my opinion. He still seems very concerned about making a mistake. In the Q and even in the AHL, he had some poise with the puck, and he was willing to keep his head up to try to make a play. Right now, the second he gets the puck in th eoffensive zone, he almost immediately fires it into the corner on the cycle without really seeing the play develop.

I guess it's a bit of a catch 22 because he's not going to settle in without NHL ice time, but if the team is healthy, I think he belongs in the AHL for now. Not sure if I'm crazy, but I just don't think he's forced his way in yet.

All true, but if there was no issue about placing someone on waivers, I think purely based on play alone he is ahead of Paajarvi and Porter on the depth chart....and maybe Lindstrom soon. But in the larger scheme of personnel moves he will get sent down when everyone is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad