EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
frank-the-tank-o.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues should have won the first game with the Rangers and lost tonights. I'm ready to get Stas and Oshie back and get this team clicking.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I know people like to read other team's GDT's when we win, but keep in mind we sound just as bad or even worse when we lose.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I know people like to read other team's GDT's when we win, but keep in mind we sound just as bad or even worse when we lose.

Nah. We're self destructive. We're not the fans that start whine threads after each loss, call, etc.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
In my pool I was like the only person to pick Elliot (we had to check a player form each box)

Niemi
Elliot
Quick
Lehtonen
Varlamov

So far it's beginning to pay off....on the flip side Steen's been struggling.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I just realized something as I was watching the replay of Frank's goal again. That's how we need to set up our power play. Give it to Tarasenko and let him carry it in. Set up off the rush, and for Pete's sake don't just dump it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This is why injury decimated teams are dangerous...they play with such intensity

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
That was the most entertaining game I have seen in quite awhile. Elite plays and visceral grinding throughout. Tarasenko.....you guys are so fortunate to have that guy. He is amazing. Shootouts suck.....I could have watched that OT go on for an hour or so. Blues deserved the game in St. Louis, so we can call it even. Congrats and good luck.:handclap:

RR10*

I just realized something as I was watching the replay of Frank's goal again. That's how we need to set up our power play. Give it to Tarasenko and let him carry it in. Set up off the rush, and for Pete's sake don't just dump it.
I did notice that they have been working on their zone entries. Steen (most of the time) carried the puck in instead of just dumping it, and it worked pretty well most of the time. But we have to get more players involved. Steen can't do it all the time.

But man, did our defense suck. I always thought that our defense is kinda overrated, especially in our own zone.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Good to win on the first night of a road B2B. Will make a potential loss tomorrow (B2B, 3rd in 4 days) not so bad.

Also HA GDT is now what, 5-0?

RR10*

With the injuries, who thought we would have 5 straight wins against Chicago, Dallas, Anaheim, Colorado and Rangers? I didn't for sure.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Jets fan here in Peg City. Picked up Tarasenko in the 17th (!) round of my pool. Thank you St. Louis for this pick! :)

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If I'm not mistaken, Tarasenko is on pace for 50 goals at this point in time. I don't expect that pace to be sustained...but 30 goals definitely isn't out of the question at this point. :yo:

He's a special player. Thank you, Jarmo.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
oh my! the game highlights on espn2. it's strange. you would think they'd have at least a small segment about tarasenko, but no. i quit watching that channel since hockey left and they hype up east coast sports.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Vladi is awesome. Elliott's good. Terribly sloppy play, crazy game, but gimme 'em points.

YVzdlxI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad