OT: Not up, not in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I'll be honest. If I was that age, hell yeah I'd be all over it.

But right now? Ehhh....I prefer my relationships to be a little more.....meaningful.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
My cousin just had another daughter last week so somehow I got put in the role of hosting a family bbq tomorrow. Wasn't given much notice so I spent the entirety of today cleaning the yard and I'm beat. It's 8:30 on a Friday and I'm hittin the hay.

"when are you gonna have kids and get married!" "your next"

are phrases I'm sure to hear on repeat tomorrow. HA, yeah, ok, your funny.

Also my grandma is the biggest beauty I know. She calls me today to ask me about what I have to drink because she's taking it easy on the beer and wants to know if I have any Coors Light for her.

For the guy about the tinder. If you haven't been active in a while it would be a good way to warm up for something serious, ya know. Ya gotta slay a few dragons to get to your princess.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I'll be honest. If I was that age, hell yeah I'd be all over it.

But right now? Ehhh....I prefer my relationships to be a little more.....meaningful.

There's no downside, dammit.

Do it for the good of the OT thread and report on it as you go.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'm going to be bad this weekend as I have 3 friends in town and two take crazy to the next level. This morning I'm letting 2 college girls have their dance squad over to practice in my living room. Told them sports bras and booty shorts are mandatory. Later will be hitting some bikini bars and then will end up with the reserved table at the big freelancer disco for the guys to find companionship. I can just imagine the damage that 2 6'4ish 250lbs Aussies are going to do to the club's bottle supply, as I usually go through 2 a night due to the girls when I solo reserve a table.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I'm about 99.9% sure that Tyler Myers is getting married tomorrow. Congrats Tyler! :handclap:

Edit: technically it's today as I'm posting this past midnight. But saturday the 12th is when it is happening.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A friend of mine took a girl he met on Tinder to the Mets game last night, so I guess it's not really just for sexual encounters if you don't use it that way? :dunno: I'm not on it so I can't really say.

I'm proud of him for it, too. He just got out of a 7-year relationship :amazed: So I'm happy he got back out there quickly.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
A friend of mine took a girl he met on Tinder to the Mets game last night, so I guess it's not really just for sexual encounters if you don't use it that way? :dunno: I'm not on it so I can't really say.

I'm proud of him for it, too. He just got out of a 7-year relationship :amazed: So I'm happy he got back out there quickly.

I don't think it was intended for that purpose when it was designed/released but it is used as an easy way to find "casual encounters" probably more often than not. Like so many other things it has twisted from purpose.
It is probably hard to find actual people who aren't just looking to hook up (pure presumption). So for people who want to find friends/possible people to date it probably isn't the best medium.

To each their own though.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think it was intended for that purpose when it was designed/released but it is used as an easy way to find "casual encounters" probably more often than not. Like so many other things it has twisted from purpose.
It is probably hard to find actual people who aren't just looking to hook up (pure presumption). So for people who want to find friends/possible people to date it probably isn't the best medium.

To each their own though.

I don't disagree at all, just pointing out a case where it was being used in a different way :)

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This girl I met from there and I are starting to go out more and stuff. So I guess there is that. Also, went to Calspan and gave a TV and computers to the recycle. Got tickets. Feels good

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
"and stuff"

stuff (stʌf)

— vb
1. to pack or fill completely; cram
2. ( intr ) to eat large quantities
3. to force, shove, or squeeze: to stuff money into a pocket
4. to fill (food such as poultry or tomatoes) with a stuffing
5. to fill (an animal's skin) with material so as to restore the shape of the live animal
6. slang to have sexual intercourse with (a woman)
7. tanning to treat (an animal skin or hide) with grease
8. ( US ), ( Canadian ) to fill (a ballot box) with a large number of fraudulent votes
9. See also stuffing and stripping (in marine transport) to pack (a container)
10. slang to ruin, frustrate, or defeat

— n
11. the raw material or fabric of something
12. woollen cloth or fabric
13. any general or unspecified substance or accumulation of objects
14. stupid or worthless actions, speech, ideas, etc
15. subject matter, skill, etc: he knows his stuff
16. a slang word for money
17. slang a drug, esp cannabis
18. slang ( Brit ) a girl or woman considered sexually (esp in the phrase bit of stuff )
19. informal do one's stuff to do what is expected of one
20. that's the stuff that is what is needed

A few of those do seem to fit.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
It's all about the Tinder about me section, you need an attention grabber. Mine has been set to "We'll just say we met at Subway" with decent success.

As well, what is everyone's favorite beer here? Just tried Franziskaner and I'm smitten :cheers:

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Clock and I just laid (that's the part you bold for quotes) carpet down in our basement playroom for the kiddos and it looks rad. He still has to put down the molding and I get to decorate it, but I'm pretty sure our kin are some lucky little rugrats!!!

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
It's all about the Tinder about me section, you need an attention grabber. Mine has been set to "We'll just say we met at Subway" with decent success.

As well, what is everyone's favorite beer here? Just tried Franziskaner and I'm smitten :cheers:

I had a convoluted story on how I met my ex. It wasn't until everything was over that I told people the truth :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad