Not really off to the best start, are we?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I can't shake the feeling that things are off to a terrible start this year.

Cole is unhappy, allegedly considering retirement...I worry about him mailing in the season.

One of our top prospects in Leblanc is apparently being bullied and tormented to the point of having a fractured psyche in Hamilton.

One of the main pieces of our core hasn't signed yet and there are all kinds of rumours of him being disliked by the team (which I don't fully buy, but I don't like to hear about it).

Gomez being sent home...Yes most fans are happy about it, but Gomez was very well liked in the room and had a lot of friends. I'm sure most realize that it's business but I'm betting they aren't thrilled with how it went down.

Honestly, things look to be headed south. For the best I guess, I mean at this point I prefer if they tank and get a Seth Jones or a Drouin/McKinnon, but the "fan" in me hates to see the team lose.

In some ways I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of this current "era" of the Habs. The era of Gionta-Gomez-Plekanec-Markov... The new era will soon begin centred around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and (hopefully) Galchenyuk.

Regardless of how you feel about individual players, it makes me sad to see the cracks beginning to form in the foundation of this team. It will all be for the best, I'm sure, but I hate seeing it anyways.

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.

"...cracks beginning to form"?
"end of this current era".
"look to be headed south"

Hate to break it to you but the foundation caved in, there was a sewer backup and the GM gambled away the insurance money. We hit the polar south long ago. We want that era to be gone.

I see a star defenseman wanting to commit long term to the organization, the worst trade in the past decade finally being cremated and, well, in the case of Cole a guy simply venting after a very emotional labour dispute.

In the case of Leblanc, he's just not a very impactful hockey player and simply victim of fan expectation .

It's a long journey from Antarctica but the team is going due north finally.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
No_Excuses.jpg

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I can't shake the feeling that things are off to a terrible start this year.

Cole is unhappy, allegedly considering retirement...I worry about him mailing in the season.

One of our top prospects in Leblanc is apparently being bullied and tormented to the point of having a fractured psyche in Hamilton.

One of the main pieces of our core hasn't signed yet and there are all kinds of rumours of him being disliked by the team (which I don't fully buy, but I don't like to hear about it).

Gomez being sent home...Yes most fans are happy about it, but Gomez was very well liked in the room and had a lot of friends. I'm sure most realize that it's business but I'm betting they aren't thrilled with how it went down.

Honestly, things look to be headed south. For the best I guess, I mean at this point I prefer if they tank and get a Seth Jones or a Drouin/McKinnon, but the "fan" in me hates to see the team lose.

In some ways I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of this current "era" of the Habs. The era of Gionta-Gomez-Plekanec-Markov... The new era will soon begin centred around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and (hopefully) Galchenyuk.

Regardless of how you feel about individual players, it makes me sad to see the cracks beginning to form in the foundation of this team. It will all be for the best, I'm sure, but I hate seeing it anyways.

I am taking a different approach. I am positive about this season, especially with Gomez being sent home.

Sure, the foundation of the old Habs team is cracked/cracking. Great. The old Habs team and approach to hockey needs to be demolished and rebuilt.

Go Habs Go!!!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
All 3 will provide points.

MacKinnon pls.

Still not convinced we could finish in the bottom 2 with the tanklords Columbus and the Islanders around, which is why I didn't include Jones and Mackinnon. But I'd take any of them.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I will be so happy when not a single person on this board is in a tank mode (even against their own natural instinct). I understand that the reality and practicality begets it, but I really miss the threads from the 2010 playoffs (apart from the goalie debate). Maybe we will be embarrassing this year, but that's just it, I don't want another year of embarrassment. I don't want to become the leafs, or the oilers for that matter (although they have been eating up that dishonour with glee). It's the Habs. Got to win. We are not as bad as others think and particularly as is felt within. It's all about the unpredictable nature of how certain players perform starting from Carey out.

Aside from the Leblanc thing, which I hope is an overreaction, nothing to worry about seeing as most people think the PK deal will be done very soon (as do I). If we stay healthy, we have a very motivated team that wants redemption. It will be a very sad day when Plekanec and Markov (Gio too) are gone so while they are part of our core I want to see us put up a good fight.

No excuses? Go Habs Go!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Not sure I agree with this right here.

I wasn't clear in what I meant by "things will get ugly".

On the ice is a big part of it, but I'm also talking about off the ice. There's going to be a **** storm coming, I can tell. It's going to start lots of rumours, going to create these crazy Montreal media storms that we all adore. I can just tell. The journalists must be licking their chops already...Hell, they're already sewing the seeds by reporting on all the stuff I listed.

romdj

Mar 9, 2011
Brussels
I feel that the squad is looking good still. I'd like Gallagher to be given a chance too.
We'll miss AK for sure though, and we need some wingers, oh well, perhaps galchenyuk can boost Plekanec and Gionta. With Eller, Moen and Bourque, it could be a good combination too...
Definitely not a bad squad, I'm actually pretty confident, knowing that the organization is in good STABLE hands. I really like how Bergevin changed the staff inside and out.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I will be so happy when not a single person on this board is in a tank mode (even against their own natural instinct). I understand that the reality and practicality begets it, but I really miss the threads from the 2010 playoffs (apart from the goalie debate). Maybe we will be embarrassing this year, but that's just it, I don't want another year of embarrassment. I don't want to become the leafs, or the oilers for that matter (although they have been eating up that dishonour with glee). It's the Habs. Got to win. We are not as bad as others think and particularly as is felt within. It's all about the unpredictable nature of how certain players perform starting from Carey out.

Aside from the Leblanc thing, which I hope is an overreaction, nothing to worry about seeing as most people think the PK deal will be done very soon (as do I). If we stay healthy, we have a very motivated team that wants redemption. It will be a very sad day when Plekanec and Markov (Gio too) are gone so while they are part of our core I want to see us put up a good fight.

No excuses? Go Habs Go!

Post of the year right here.:handclap::handclap:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No excuses.

No excuses.

NO EXCUSES!

No excuses.

Excuses, none.

Pas d'excuses.

Now there's hell to pay
Oh yeah

Engaged in a war
Xzibit can't help me mo
Clinging on to life
Up into my hideout
Suffocating, no one hears my calls
Engaged in a war
Suffocating, no one hears my cries

Signed,
Scott Gomez

What they said...no excuses

PS: I think we found a theme for our 2012-2013 avatar lol

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011

whah whah whah.god when are we gonna see some real fans on here.stop crying and try supporting for a change.how many fairweather fans can a franchise have?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I wasn't clear in what I meant by "things will get ugly".

I'm talking more about off the ice. There's going to be a **** storm coming, I can tell. It's going to start lots of rumours, going to create these crazy Montreal media storms that we all adore. I can just tell. The journalists must be licking their chops already...Hell, they're already sewing the seeds by reporting on all the stuff I listed.

The media will always be a pain in the ass and amazingly unsupportive (Gazette, much more palatable than the rest except for Todd). Of course there will be **** storms, but hopefully they will be the pathetic kinds when you wonder just how desperate they are to sell themselves.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
whah whah whah.god when are we gonna see some real fans on here.stop crying and try supporting for a change.how many fairweather fans can a franchise have?

LOL I'm a fairweather fan? I have like 18,000 posts on this forum...I think I would have given up by now if I was so fickle.

I also don't see where you got that impression based off my post. Not sure you really understood what I was trying to say. Especially considering I made a point to mention how much I hate when things go bad, especially when it's for the best.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Habs should focus on the draft this year. Team is not Cup close, only good enough to screw itself out of a top 10 pick if we try for cup. While this draft holds many franchise players and many more good players. Also, this strategy allows us to move big contracts to cup contenders for more pics and extra cap room.

The season is mostly over anyway, so our suffering will be minimum while our gain maximum.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
"...cracks beginning to form"?
"end of this current era".
"look to be headed south"

Hate to break it to you but the foundation caved in, there was a sewer backup and the GM gambled away the insurance money. We hit the polar south long ago. We want that era to be gone.

Heh, nicely said.

The season is mostly over anyway, so our suffering will be minimum while our gain maximum.

My thinking as well, but still. I hate seeing the team lose. And I hate the garbage that will come out of it, the media crap in particular.

They don't rest until they run at least one person per year out of town.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I don't know why, but I don't mind these events. It's better that they occur NOW, before the start of the season.

Erik Cole's 'retirement thingy' is not such a big issue. I think once the season is in full-spin, Montreal will be in a playoff position and Cole will put this **** behind. I'm not too worried about it.

Number 1 is Subban's contract. Get it done, no excuses!

IF the team stays relatively healthy, I believe it can, and will make the playoffs. I don't know, I feel shockingly positive this year.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC

Cole is unhappy with the new agreement not in montreal the rest of the story is rumors and bs

bullied by a coach in professional hockey... No serious media picked up the story and it's for a reason

Again rumors, and he will sign soon, nobody said they hate him

About f*&?ing time. Removing a player with a ridiculous amount of pts for 7.3 millions can just be a good thing for a team.

+ finally we have a in your face hockey style. Future is there on defense. We will finally get rid of gomez and probably Kaberle.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002

Habs fan have been saying that for 15+ years and we're still at the same point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad