GDT: (Not Quite Yet) Timo Time: Your New Jersey Devils (39-15-5) @ Colorado Avalanche (34-19-5), 9 PM, MSGSN

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
9AA7798C-CD83-46CD-96D7-902A63822C75.jpeg

0C591DDA-7766-4E8D-9663-6374C9E02847.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Honestly, it sounds insane to say, but Schmid may be our best goalie. I don’t know how you can stop playing him right now.

He has the best mechanics out of any goalie we have on the roster, Vanecek and Blackwood are similar in the fact they're pretty much of a throwback goalie to the 80's where athleticism > mechanics.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Honestly, it sounds insane to say, but Schmid may be our best goalie. I don’t know how you can stop playing him right now.

At the very least, I’d split starts with him and Vanecek 50/50 for awhile. It’s a busy schedule coming up. As I mentioned earlier, I think we’ve got something in Schmid. For him to come in cold on a PK and stone Rantanen (I think) and then lock it down the rest of the way shows his focus level. His angles were on point and he calmed the boys down.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Fitz also made a comment, a bit jokingly, about maybe being Poile's last trading partner.

Looking at Nashville, maybe Lankinen as backup insurance?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Schmid has been good, but I want to see how he does with a heavier workload before we declare him the obvious best goalie.

I agree that we probably don't need Blackwood anymore, but I think Vanecek is still the presumptive starter.

Camille the Eel

Looking at how Jack has played since Haula went off his wing, I’m wondering whether Haula wasn’t quite important to his hot streak. Haula wins the face offs, stays in his lane and out of Jack’s way, takes care of the D so Jack can be creative with impunity, and leaves Jack a lot of room to use his skating creativity and lateral movement.

Everyone is waiting to see Jack with Meier but in terms of maximizing Jack, we might want him back with Haula at least in some situations?

Jack and Bratt are also a bit weird together because both like to skate with the puck, both to cut back into center ice and both to circle out high. Haula down in the corner keeping out of the way is almost a necessity with them.

Interesting decisions for Lindy. I imagine Meier starts out on Jacks wing for sure and that Ruff will proceed to tinker if Jack remains too constrained in that combination.

Reactions: devilsblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad