Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I've only watched the highlights due to getting wrecked watching Liverpool reach yet another final.

That game was BONKERS! Relive the highlights here:

So on to Game 2 and our goalie situation is looking a little bleak so D'Orio has been recalled. Jarry is still off the ice and DeSmith is "Day-to-Day" Add to the fact that Rackell only played 4m28s and we are already filling up the treatment room. Zucker was back today in a full contact jersey but do we really think he will last?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Magic

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Assuming Rakell is out but Zucker can play:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Heinen
McGinn-Carter-Kapanen
Boyle-Blueger-ERod

This is what I hope they go with. I'm concerned they're going to go with Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen, and I think that line would be a nightmare despite Kapanen's good game 1.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
We're overdue for DOC. I'm sorry that it had to come because of Rakell being injured, but I'd way rather have a 100% healthy and fresh DOC than a broken & battered Zucker.

DOC deserves to play on merit and no way Zucker went from being unable to play yesterday (and unable to take contact a few days ago) to being 100% healthy & roaring to go. We're up a game so let's not rush Zucker.

And if DOC plays great and we win game 2, then we can keep DOC in the lineup for game 3, and add Zucker (or hopefully Rakell?) back in for the lineup and know that we can keep DOC in there because he's playing well, and that is when we could look at giving Boyle or Carter a night off.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
We're overdue for DOC. I'm sorry that it had to come because of Rakell being injured, but I'd way rather have a 100% healthy and fresh DOC than a broken & battered Zucker.

DOC deserves to play on merit and no way Zucker went from being unable to play yesterday (and unable to take contact a few days ago) to being 100% healthy & roaring to go. We're up a game so let's not rush Zucker.

And if DOC plays great and we win game 2, then we can keep DOC in the lineup for game 3, and add Zucker (or hopefully Rakell?) back in for the lineup and know that we can keep DOC in there because he's playing well, and that is when we could look at giving Boyle or Carter a night off.
If Zucker is at any capacity to play, Sullivan will choose him.

I don't disagree with you though. I certainly want Boyle sat with DOC and big Z in. We need younger legs.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I don't care what the stats say........the kid would add to this team.

I believe I suggested he get a game in place of ERod (was serious) and a poster disagreed calling it dumb and out of touch. To be fair, I do think it's a reach, but I also don't think that that poster has ever seen Bellerive play.

So now I'm just running with it.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If Zucker is at any capacity to play, Sullivan will choose him.

I don't disagree with you though. I certainly want Boyle sat with DOC and big Z in. We need younger legs.

I agree, but if it's hard enough to get one guy in, we're not getting 2 guys in.

But have to think we're going to call up one other player (one of Z/Bjorkqvist/Angello) to have around as an extra in case of injury/illness if Zucker isn't ready.

But for F**K sakes, and for the love of god or whatever, PLEASE let's just get DOC into a game. I've been begging for months and I'm going to get angry soon! lol :mad:

LosingStreak06

Dec 11, 2017
I’m not picky on who or where or how the lineup shakes out, so long as Boyle-Blueger-ERod gets split up. That line was a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: vodeni

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I believe I suggested he get a game in place of ERod (was serious) and a poster disagreed calling it dumb and out of touch. To be fair, I do think it's a reach, but I also don't think that that poster has ever seen Bellerive play.

Crazy...... I had a similar thing happen to me earlier when I floated the idea of Bellerive. A Poster claimed I had just lost all of my credibility...........

Thing is, I didn't realize I had any credibility to start with............if I had known, I would have been much more careful to keep it.:skeptic:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Assuming Rakell is out but Zucker can play:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Heinen
McGinn-Carter-Kapanen
Boyle-Blueger-ERod

This is what I hope they go with. I'm concerned they're going to go with Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen, and I think that line would be a nightmare despite Kapanen's good game 1.
Malkin and Kapanen have to play together now. That second line looks so so bad.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007

Your take on Bellerive is brain dead and yes if you are referring to me calling out your take yesterday, I have seen him play in at least 20 games, including live. We have guys who actually have NHL experience and are way higher on our depth charts and you want somebody to come in with zero NHL experience? Yeah it’s dumb.

Malkin and Kapanen have to play together now. That second line looks so so bad.

Kap had a great game, he was sheltered from D zone starts, but it also meant he got double shifted in the O zone.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'm taking Friday off, so let them play for 8 hours for all I care.

md8ofIf.gif

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Crazy...... I had a similar thing happen to me earlier when I floated the idea of Bellerive. A Poster claimed I had just lost all of my credibility...........

Thing is, I didn't realize I had any credibility to start with............if I had known, I would have been much more careful to keep it.:skeptic:

I was that poster and you suggested starting him over a veteran player who has played excellent for us in his role.

Not afraid to say it again b/c it was a ridiculous take.

There's at least 3 other guys I would see up over him. I'm not about trying JB when we just won game 1 that you were certain we would lose and have dug in that point for the last 3 months. You dont play a guy that has 0 NHL experience over a Vet who has been extremely solid for us. You were calling for it in game. Just made absolutely no sense

EDIT: and after scrolling thru the thread I see you post a video of JB fighting, basically just meaningless play for a series with the Rags

Last edited:
Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad