Post-Game Talk: Not 1st in the Division

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Glad to see them put up a bit of a fight in the third.

Really could've used a save or two though.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Goaltending dictated the outcome tonight once again.
Props to the team on fighting back though. The old oilers would've gave up without a fight.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
What amazes me the most is we still can't go a stretch of 5 games where our team plays a full 60.
Why players like Eberle and Lucic think they can take nights off is beyond me.
Eberle is the literal definition of a loser. No drive to win at all and accepts defeat easily.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What amazes me the most is we still can't go a stretch of 5 games where our team plays a full 60.
Eberle is the literal definition of a loser. No drive to win at all and accepts defeat easily.

I believe its been 20+ straight games with Eberle not scoring a goal.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Meh. They're a better team than us, got better goaltending, more bounces and they actually started playing at the drop of the puck.

It is what it is. You can't expect to win a game like this with that performance.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Don't think they deserved the game, but at the very least with how well they fought back that they deserved it to head to OT and get a point. Once again bad stretches of hockey cost them combined with for the second game in a row bad goaltending screwed them over. They can't continue to lose games like this with how close things are right now.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Exciting game. Great effort by the guys, and a dominant 2nd and 3rd period. Jones and Talbot were the difference, although we flubbed at least 2 chances that should have been sure goals with even decent shot execution. The refs let 2 blatant penalties go on point blank chances that easily could have been goals. Oh well, team has dominated the last 3 games imo and if they can keep that up and get adequate goaltending like Talbot usually gives us then we'll be laughing our way into the playoffs. Thats it for me for the night have a good one.

Also Maroon-McDavid-Drai may be playing like the best line in the NHL right now. McDavid has deserved a much better fate in terms of points the last 3 games. Easily could have had 9 points (or 18 by HF argument standards) in those 3 games.

calvinguy

Sep 12, 2010
The Sharks got a bit lucky with some of the bounces. Oh well, at least we know the Oilers can play well when they try, too bad it's always after trailing.

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Yep. no heart. Maybe he just lost interest in hockey.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I was actually encouraged by this game. The team fought back well in the last 40 minutes and more importantly, Pouliot, RNH and Eberle look to have their jump back.
I really hope that Mclellan keeps these lines as is for at least 5 games, just leave it alone and let them build chemistry.
I thought it was an exciting game. On to the next one

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I saw three easy call penalties against the Sharks that were let go. It's tough to make a comeback when one team has the advantage of holding and tripping players and not getting penalised.

I liked the goal from Klefbom. Need more of those point shots from the defensemen.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Talbot manned up and said the loss was all on him (listening to 630 post game show) and that Jones made saves and he didn't.

Good on him...sounds like he's beating up on himself harder than anyone else.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I'll put that on Talbot. Oilers did outplay them for the most part, but Talbot never made the big saves that Jones made. GG birthday boy.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1016414

In other news

Puljujarvi with an assist, +2 through 2 periods.

maybe having Salinen there will help him..
I question this Oilers strategy of getting the international players broken down and rebuilt the Canadian way..
Maybe there is nothing wrong with Puljujarvi staying with a Finnish family. You make him take english classes but give the kid some rope otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad