Nostalgia thread - Most memorable goals

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure I ended up throwing my girlfriend (wife now) off the couch in excitment and went nuts because they never had a 2-0 series lead ever up to that point.

Buffalo (Briere?) had scored in the last minute to tie it IIRC and Jeanneret had done his “NOW DO YOU BELIEVE???!!!??” call.

Then a song that Sens fans will never forget:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Just funny because it was against the Habs and Brady has sort of been passed the torch of Habs-killer from Pageau.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Cy Denneny's goal to put Ottawa up 3-0 in game 4 of the 1927 finals and clinch the Cup against Boston. Unfortunately I couldn't find a video:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Framed by the time frame I have been a true fan (2014 on):

Live: Pageau's 4th goal vs NYR

On TV: Mark Stone! AGAIN!!!

Honorables:

Karlsson sky pass to Hoffman (one of the prettiest of all time)

Karlsson to Brassard (you know the one)

BOBBY backhand deke OT playoff winner (NYR I believe)

I'm betting all these goals have been mentioned, I haven't read you thread yet!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I know the thread is for goals but I can’t just not add this one to a nostalgia thread:

Love it, Glenn Healey really pissed off McGrattan by those "Domi will send him to hospital" preseason comment, so McG shows 'em who's the boss. He also beat Brashear and was winning against Boogaard handily until he got dropped by one Boogeyman shot. McGrattan is quite easily the best heavy Ottawa ever had with due respect to Peluso and Vial (the latter took a lot of damage as a Sens). The Domi beatdown by McG was a pivotal moment in the shifting Ottawa from a softie to a bad-ass team that had McGrattan, Neil, Chara, and Fisher all in the line-up at the same time at one point (2005-2006). Good ol' f***ing Sens days of my youth!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I know the thread is for goals but I can’t just not add this one to a nostalgia thread:

And that fight turned Ottawa from a soft team to a tough team & ended the stinking Leafs physical dominance over Ottawa & they went to the SC final because of it.

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Love it, Glenn Healey really pissed off McGrattan by those "Domi will send him to hospital" preseason comment, so McG shows 'em who's the boss. He also beat Brashear and was winning against Boogaard handily until he got dropped by one Boogeyman shot. McGrattan is quite easily the best heavy Ottawa ever had with due respect to Peluso and Vial (the latter took a lot of damage as a Sens). The Domi beatdown by McG was a pivotal moment in the shifting Ottawa from a softie to a bad-ass team that had McGrattan, Neil, Chara, and Fisher all in the line-up at the same time at one point (2005-2006). Good ol' f***ing Sens days of my youth!
Also the architect of the best fight I've seen live. Not a memorable goal, but damn is the nostalgia strong in this one.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Spezza on Souray

This is my 2nd fav goal of all time (first being Ovie's hooking while on his back against the yotes). I was in grade 7 when i saw this on TV and lost my shizzle. Tried to replicate it all the time whenever I played hockey at school or with my friends

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad