Nostalgia thread - Most memorable goals

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kyle Turris once again the beneficiary of somebody else doing all the work (Spezza)

"all you got to do is stand there, make sure you don't kick it in"

Ales Hemsky

"gimme the needle, this is gonna hurt"

Reactions: Variable26

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Shaun Van Allens game 1 OT goal was the moment I was most convinced ever as a Sens fan we would win the Cup - the highest fan high I guess. Beauty pass from Havlat - watched it from row at the Honest Lawyer and the entire market was screaming

Reactions: robsenz and Bileur

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
This is probably the lowest-quality video posted so far:

That Fisher goal to open the Sabres series really set the tone for that round. Sens were in it to win it after the humiliation the year before.

Reactions: aragorn

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Found this video on Youtube.

Was at this game. One of the most memorable for me. The pop of the crowd was electric when Dion scored. Incredible comeback

Looking forward to this core making the playoffs and getting a taste of the atmosphere at the arena. One of the best crowds come playoff.

Edit: not sure why I can't embed a youtube video with a timestamp but it starts around the 15:35 mark

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Alfredsson's conference final goal against Miller and EK65's sauce to Hoffman's Foppa finish are my favourite goals ever. The first one encapsulates the moment when my home team made it to the finals for the first (and only) time in my lifetime. Karlsson's full field lob pass and Hoffman's finish against Boston was just a moment of beauty. Steve Duschene's goal to make it to the playoffs for the first time was also very special.

I lost my mind on Stützle's first NHL goal a year ago. So many goals and candidates to choose from. Pageau gave us so many post season moments as a pesky warrior. Alfie hitting Tucker and then scoring on Cujo (or was it Belfour?). Many many Alfie goals.

Who can forget the Peter Schaeffer specials, or many of the electrifying goals that Havlat, Hossa, and Mark Stone have scored? Turris and Hoffman scored some in there too.

I feel we are going to get a quite a few new favourites with this generation of players. That's what excites me about the future of this team despite ownership and management issues, which I hope sort themselves out by the time this group is ready to compete.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Does anyone have footage of that goal where Hossa was on a breakaway, Belfour comes out and clips Hossa who goes flying but in mid air scores the goal?

One of my favourites.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Falling behind, ugly goal against, Karlsson giving it to Brass on the bench and then this glorious moment...roof came off the building here too.

Bobby was so clutch those playoffs...

Clarke coming back in style - potentially the loudest goal of the playoffs as the fans knew how special it was for him...too bad he still wasn't able to get right. Also too bad there was a fight right off the draw so the crowd didn't get to really celebrate it the way we should have it. It was announced while the fight started.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Found this video on Youtube.

Was at this game. One of the most memorable for me. The pop of the crowd was electric when Dion scored. Incredible comeback

Looking forward to this core making the playoffs and getting a taste of the atmosphere at the arena. One of the best crowds come playoff.

Edit: not sure why I can't embed a youtube video with a timestamp but it starts around the 15:35 mark

Best part about this game was my buddy was sitting beside me and was a huge Bruins fan and I spent the first half of the game livid because Brassard's dumb play, It made the long drive back home really hilariously awkward. Especially with Dion getting the GWG.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only one I remember was Nick Folignos first, and that's because he honored his dad with the Foligno jump.

You guys must have memories like elephants to pull goals out of the brain like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->