WJC: Norway at the 2011 WJC

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Maybe Olden could use a change of scenery. He has not had a good year in Sweden this year and will not be getting ice time on the senior team in Modo anytime soon. Its not like he`s got anything to loose on going over. He would also get alot of icetime and get the oppurtunity to learn the north-american game. This would also send a signal to the Leafs organisation that he wants to play in the NHL and is willing to pay his dues. It would also give the Leafs a better chance to follow his development.

I am not saying that this is the right way but it is one way. Right now it seems like he is kinda stagnating a little bit and could use a change. Maybe the World Juniors could be that change.

Madic

May 21, 2008
Why would it be good for his development? How is staying in Sweden hurting his development? There comes a time when it seems like people want someone to come over for the sake of it.
Pretty much. When a prospect regresses (statistically, at least) as Olden has done and fans have zero exposure to him, they tend to want to watch him play to see if there's any reason for it. Doesn't mean it'd be better for him to come over, but it's the reason why people will say it. Might help him, might not...who knows.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
So many 2011 draft eligibles in the roster..wow

Haven't had a chance to check into it but are there so many "2011 eligible" guys on the team for the simple fact they were passed over in previous drafts for which they were eligible?

--
Christopher (Chris) Ralph

*Prospects and draft analyst at The Hockey Writers (THW). My archives at THW: http://thehockeywriters.com/author/cralph/

*The Future Of Puck (from the files of The Hockey Spy) - focusing on the future of hockey - the prospects and the entry draft.
http://hockeyspy.blogspot.com
"The future of hockey revealed...right here, right now."

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just a heads up....the exhibition between Norway and Slovakia set for tomorrow has been delayed to the 22nd so Norway's equipment can arrive for the match.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Norway appointed team captains for the tournament today:

C Andreas Stene (Kelowna Rockets)
A Hans Kristian Hollstedt (Stjernen)
A Kenneth Madsø (Lillehammer)

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Team Norway`s lines for tonights game against Slovakia

Lars Volden, (Steffen Søberg)

Nicolay Bryhnisveen - Tobias Skaarberg
Rasmus Juell - Andreas Stene ( C ) - Nicholas Weberg

Adrian Saxrud -
Joachim Sundelius - Sondre Olden - Jonas Oppøyen

Daniel Rokseth - Robin Andersen
Magnus Lindahl - Hans K.Hollstedt(A) - Michael Haga

Kenneth Madsø(A) - Jens U.Bacher
Simen Brekke - Eirik Børresen-Petter R.Fossen

Extra Forwards: Mats Roselli Olsen, Torstein Nordrum

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Is there a stream for tonights game?

I'm trying to keep up with Andreas Stene in the WHL, but I see he hasn't played all their games. Maybe hasn't had the impact I was hoping for. What line has he been playing on?

Best team we've had for a while. Strong goaltender and some good forwards. Not sure about the defense though.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Stene had a difficult start in WHL, but the reports say that he has been playing alot better recently. But I agree he has not been the kind of impact player that I tought he would be, and that i know he can be. Hopefully he has a good tournament in Buffalo and gets going in the WHL after that.

I don`t think there is any broadcasting at all for tonights game unfortunately.

Yeah i think this team can suprise a few teams and maybe even stay up. Alot is riding on Volden, but now we also have players that can score. Hopefully Rosseli Olsen gets healthy before the tournament starts, he could be our breakout player of the tournament. Great hands and sick passing skills on that kid, also a decent skater.

Bryhnisveen needs to play the tournament of his life on the blueline tough because the other D-men are preety weak in my opinion.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
unofficial:
Slovakia - Norway 3:1 (0:0, 0:0, 3:1)

42:03 Dominik Šimčák (unassisted)
47:20 Martin Marinčin (Miroslav Preisinger)
48:22 Nicholas Weberg (Joacim Sundelius)
58:12 Dalibor Bortňák (?)

Goaltenders: Riečický (Hollý) - Soeberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad