unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
HE'S BAAACK!

That was ****ing creepy

9oEXr8Z.png

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Hell of a game tonight, Kipper was great and we are now 2 points out of 8th and 4 out of 4th.

If the flames keep on playing they were in front of an AHL goalie, and a goalie Detroit considered was washed up that will be no problem. Kipper looked like he has his game back, and the Flames look determined to score and win.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Baertschi needs some more AHL seasoning. He's just way too weak to play in the NHL right now and the play died on his stick every time he had it. Not that I'm worried or anything. Guys like Hodgson and Kari are showing that skilled guys definitely need a little extra time. He'll get there, but right now he needs top minutes in Abbotsford.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Baertschi needs some more AHL seasoning. He's just way too weak to play in the NHL right now and the play died on his stick every time he had it. Not that I'm worried or anything. Guys like Hodgson and Kari are showing that skilled guys definitely need a little extra time. He'll get there, but right now he needs top minutes in Abbotsford.

He is clearing playing with no confidence and is afraid of making mistakes. That's what happens when you get stapled to the bench however for even the smallest errors.

I hope he is sent to the AHL at this rate.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I agree, he has the right instincts but the nhl is just a bit to fast for him right now.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
We are now legitimately ahead of the oilers in the standings :yo:, and they've played one more game than us :)

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I agree, he has the right instincts but the nhl is just a bit to fast for him right now.

I wouldn't say it's to fast, I think he might be a little overwhelmed is all.

Last season he was just enjoying his time up here as he knew full well he would be going back to Portland. Now? Maybe the expectations have gotten to him. :dunno: I'm happy he's made the Flames roster, but unhappy with the minutes he gets. And when Backlund get's back he'll probably see even less ice time. Sven needs a full season in the AHL and just ease him to where he needs to be.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm betting Sven gets sent to Abby when Backs gets back, he was benched tonight, so let him go down and tear some **** up and call him up first chance you get.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If you guys haven't been paying attention, there's a maximum of 2 Calgary drafted players only allowed per game. Thus, when Backlund comes back, I assume Sven will probably be sent down to get his groove back; it's not like it's ever left, he's played relatively well, and really showed some skill... but you can tell he's not quite at that stage where he's going to dominate vets in the NHL with tricks from Junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad