Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I tried. I said this multiple times. This poster doesn’t address it because I can only assume they don’t want to admit they’ve failed to rationalize the gameplay holistically, instead of from a purely emotional and biased perspective as a fan.

The poster seems to be in a pretty dark spot right now so I wouldn’t expect more rational replies for a while.
FTR that is god tier gaslighting in insinuating that a poster has probable depression and it is affecting their posting decisions. Fine work.

agree with you though that the team has been extremely consistent. Fatigue by the condensed schedule has had an impact harder on a few players though I think at times: Holl, Muzzin, possibly Rielly.

feels like the team was only outplayed in 5-10 games this season.

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Those that can do, those that can't teach.

Yes every fan is an emotional idiot that has zero hockey knowledge and are just chickens with their heads cut off after a loss. Wikkid false equivalency there sport.

Seriously you don't understand how poor positional play affects the game? You trying to act like an expert on the game yet you don't get how all the breakdowns that I previously outline affect the game. Pro tip: The more it happens the greater chance you have to give up a goal. The more it happens with bottom of the line up players on the ice the greater chance the other team will score.

Derp... the Leafs played as good during their losing streak as they did during their winning streaks... derp derp... FFS dude just stop... you sound like a fool TBH.

To the bolded, the Leafs dont do it that often. Thats exactly what HDCA measures. Leafs rank 10th best in the league

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
FTR that is god tier gaslighting in insinuating that a poster has probable depression and it is affecting their posting decisions.

No reference to clinical depression intended but I can see why it would come off that way. Apologies to anyone who actually suffers from it.

Just more referring to the fact that if you're the first to accuse people of resorting to personal attacks on a message board, and you find yourself personally attacking people on a message board at 8am, you're probably having a rough start to your day, and are arguing emotionally and not from a point of reason.

Reactions: meng666

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The long layoff sucks as a fan, but it might be a blessing for the vets and Matthews wrist if it's still lingering.

I never thought of that but that's a point. I mean I'd hope they would have just sat him if he needed the rest but you never know. But that wrist is definitely near the top of my list of concerns heading into these playoffs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I tried. I said this multiple times. This poster doesn’t address it because I can only assume they don’t want to admit they’ve failed to rationalize the gameplay holistically, instead of from a purely emotional and biased perspective as a fan.

The poster seems to be having a rough day so I wouldn’t expect more rational replies for a while.

No reference to clinical depression intended but I can see why it would come off that way. Apologies to anyone who actually suffers from it.

Just more referring to the fact that if you're the first to accuse people of resorting to personal attacks on a message board, and you find yourself personally attacking people on a message board at 8am, you're probably having a rough start to your day, and are arguing emotionally and not from a point of reason.
The poster you arguing with has no intention for a reasonable argument, so I would suggest you stop replying to him. We all know his points are flawed, and when called out on it, resorts to personal attacks. It's not new.
It's better for you to not engage. We all know the poor stretch was goaltending by Andersen, and the eye test and stats all show that.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I never thought of that but that's a point. I mean I'd hope they would have just sat him if he needed the rest but you never know. But that wrist is definitely near the top of my list of concerns heading into these playoffs.

To me it’s not at all a concern. There hasn’t been any indication that the wrist is a problem.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Whatever is ailing Marner as well

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Every team has those exact breakdowns.. it’s not just the leafs lol.

No one said they didn't. Does every team have those breakdowns with a goalie with a busted knee who only played because the next option is an ECHL goalie? How many teams fit that criteria?

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No one said they didn't.
You're suggesting it happened more to the Leafs during that stretch than both other teams, and the Leafs during the rest of their season, which is factually incorrect. You just notice them more when they end up in the back of the net.
Does every team have those breakdowns with a goalie with a busted knee
You're literally admitting the cause is the goalie. Whether or not he has an excuse for his sub-par play during that stretch is irrelevant to the discussion. The question was whether or not it was due to a change in goaltending play - full stop. Literally everything supports that it was goaltending changing, not the team in front, and you're literally acknowledging that fact while still pushing back on it and personally attacking people for suggesting it, for some weird reason.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
We're going to destroy this team. If it goes longer than 5, we would have been challenged more than expected and I'm hopeful we can avoid major injuries that derail the run.

Looking forward to our first series win since I was in high school. Holy crap its been a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad