Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
What a f***ing joke that Montreal is allowed to have fans in the stands for game 6 and we can't.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fortunately Price has looked pretty bad lately, especially during that AHL game.

I wonder how much of a controversy it would be in Montreal if they opt to replace him with Allen halfway through the series if he flops
I don't think it'll be a controversy at all with the injuries. If he was healthy all year and continued to struggle then it'd be a story, but they can always blame the injuries and start fresh next year.

Ideally we start seeing Allen by game 3 because we've lit up Price in the first 2.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm sure you know why nobody expects a level playing field for random things like injuries but do when it comes to league mandates for how the playoffs are run

No, that's governmental

So if you have a problem with fans watching games in stadium you should get onto the people that screwed the pooch

Your local and federal government

Reactions: francis246

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I truly think leafs in 5. I dont ever have this amount of faith in them and history shows that I shouldn't. But leafs in 5 is my pick.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Leafs in 5, montreal is not a good team.but price will win them one It’s just people projecting their fears and hanging onto previous misfortunes

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
If we lose to Montreal then every single person in our organization needs to get fired, every player traded. That would be f***ed up.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Habs are so screwed.

Our lineup is a whole 2 tiers above theirs.

Even Nylander is almost hit per game when it's playoff time. Just imagine how little room Habs will have tomorrow when Leafs bring it.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
The Leafs are the better team, full stop. I believe the better team wins 80% of the time. Nothing will sway me, as this series shows me no reason to fear the Habs. Price has not had a season to instill confidence that he can steal games. Leafs in 5.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lmao okay I watched the games too.

The difference between you and me is that the stats agree with what I’m seeing.

Our defence turns the puck over every game, just like every other team does. The difference is that Campbell and other goalies stop the puck. Andersen does not.

Campbell makes saves. Andersen makes excuses.

That’s why Campbell is starting game 1.

Campbell the guy who as on such a hot heater that he accomplished something that has never been accomplished in the HISTORY of the league. This is your bar you've set for our for our goalies? Cool. Next!

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Campbell the guy who as on such a hot heater that he accomplished something that has never been accomplished in the HISTORY of the league. This is your bar you've set for our for our goalies? Cool. Next!

I’d say that stretch had more to do with how well the skaters played in front of him. He just needed to be a good goal tender to get it done, not a historically great one.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I’d say that stretch had more to do with how well the skaters played in front of him. He just needed to be a good goal tender to get it done, not a historically great one.

So when Andersen stats were bad it was on Andersen but when Campbells stats are good its on the skaters in front of him.... dude you jump around more than a Mexican jumping bean.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If we lose to Montreal then every single person in our organization needs to get fired, every player traded. That would be f***ed up.

It would be f***ed up indeed.

I've done the math before, the chances of us losing all the last 4 series we played is about 1 in 10. The bookies have us at about 70% to win this one and they're usually pretty good about the odds. Not saying they're 100% but should be close anyway. So if we lose this one then we'll have accomplished the feat of losing 5 in a row and based on the Vegas odds, the chances of that happening in this case are about 3%.

Pulling that 3% rabbit out of the hat, that would be f***ed up. It's not about one series, it's about the cumulative effect of losing 5 in a row like that. The frustration just keeps piling up and some heads would have to roll, no doubt about it.

Hopefully that doesn't happen and it shouldn't really. Let's hope we win game 1 and put the talk of losing on hold for a bit. :)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Habs are so screwed.

Our lineup is a whole 2 tiers above theirs.

Even Nylander is almost hit per game when it's playoff time. Just imagine how little room Habs will have tomorrow when Leafs bring it.

I would agree our top 2 lines are better than their best line. Or Third line is better than their 2nd and not far off their first line. For the Leafs to loose they would have to pull a Maple Leaf.... :)

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
So when Andersen stats were bad it was on Andersen but when Campbells stats are good its on the skaters in front of him.... dude you jump around more than a Mexican jumping bean.

No I just watched the game.

What I saw, what the stats say, and what the players and coach all independently have called out as being one of the positive signs for the team is that play has been remarkably consistent. The Leafs have played very consistently throughout the season.

The biggest inconsistency has been goal tending. Well, except when Campbell was in net, he was consistently very good when he was in net.

The fact is that the quality of play from the skaters during the 7 game slump was roughly equal to the quality of play from the skaters during Campbell’s 16 wins in 20 game bender.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
No I just watched the game.

What I saw, what the stats say, and what the players and coach all independently have called out as being one of the positive signs for the team is that play has been remarkably consistent. The Leafs have played very consistently throughout the season.

The biggest inconsistency has been goal tending. Well, except when Campbell was in net, he was consistently very good when he was in net.

The fact is that the quality of play from the skaters during the 7 game slump was roughly equal to the quality of play from the skaters during Campbell’s 16 wins in 20 game bender.

So let me translate what you just posted, hundreds of posters, during our loosing streak, commented on how poorly the Leafs were playing as a team, which is what I observed as well. Missed assignments, turnovers in the neutral zone, frequent odd man rushes, leaving cross crease passing lanes open, all things I observed as well. Yet you want to frame their play as "remarkably consistent". Two things 1) Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining, I've been playing and coaching this game for well over 47 years, I know this game and I know it well. I can tell when a team is playing piss poor, I can tell when a goalie does not push off properly and is playing injured, I can read plays before the play happens. 2) You're post smells a lot like a fresh pile of cow manure.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
So let me translate what you just posted, hundreds of posters, during our loosing streak, commented on how poorly the Leafs were playing as a team, which is what I observed as well. Missed assignments, turnovers in the neutral zone, frequent odd man rushes, leaving cross crease passing lanes open, all things I observed as well. Yet you want to frame their play as "remarkably consistent". Two things 1) Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining, I've been playing and coaching this game for well over 47 years, I know this game and I know it well. I can tell when a team is playing piss poor, I can tell when a goalie does not push off properly and is playing injured, I can read plays before the play happens. 2) You're post smells a lot like a fresh pile of cow manure.

Lol, you appeal to the complaints of “hundreds” of emotional fans and then appeal to your own authority in your beer league experience to support your argument.

Well done.

We already covered that all teams have missed assignments, 2 on 1 rushes against, cross crease passes, tipped pucks every game. You’ve still failed to support how Leafs were worse in contrast to themselves in other games, their opponents, or other elite teams in the league.

Those mistakes are amplified when your goalie can’t make the big save, and you’ve been fooled by it, and so have hundreds of emotional HF boards fans who’ve had one too many beers during the game.

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Those that can do, those that can't teach.

Yes every fan is an emotional idiot that has zero hockey knowledge and are just chickens with their heads cut off after a loss. Wikkid false equivalency there sport.

Seriously you don't understand how poor positional play affects the game? You trying to act like an expert on the game yet you don't get how all the breakdowns that I previously outline affect the game. Pro tip: The more it happens the greater chance you have to give up a goal. The more it happens with bottom of the line up players on the ice the greater chance the other team will score.

Derp... the Leafs played as good during their losing streak as they did during their winning streaks... derp derp... FFS dude just stop... you sound like a fool TBH.

Every team has those exact breakdowns.. it’s not just the leafs lol.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Campbell is top 10 in goals saved above expected (7th)

He was also top 10 in sv% (9th)

Definitely takes a historic stretch to post top 10 stats :shakehead

You’re right we should just let Andersen come in and post bottom 10 AHL stats because having a top 10 goalie is just too unrealistic

Reactions: Dekes For Days
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->