North Bay Battalion 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Well Olden, not sure sure this will be a better year. It will be more interesting to monitor attendance.
The Battalion have finished dead last in attendance for the last three seasons below even
Mississauga and Flint. Unless there’s a forthcoming up-tick in the consistent winning department,
not only could they be last again but they might even sink into the teens. Maybe they’ll want to go back to Brampton.

I kind of agree. We will be a weaker team this season and attendance will be down ( like alot of other teams ). A major reason is the lack of marketing. Don't tell me Missy has more ppl in the stands! Some games are less than 1000 actual fans there.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Steelheads have a big arena and its empty. You can hear yourself fart. I bet we finish higher in the standings this year. You watch i bet ya!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
forgot Peric asked out of Ottawa, could be a good buy lowish option that would more than likely flourish with a bigger role. NB has done fairly well with these types of trades and would address a major need,

Reactions: Olden and dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
forgot Peric asked out of Ottawa, could be a good buy lowish option that would more than likely flourish with a bigger role. NB has done fairly well with these types of trades and would address a major need,

It would be great if RD. The battalion have King, Rose, Schlueting, Mayotte, Henderson all shooting left

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
It would be great if RD. The battalion have King, Rose, Schlueting, Mayotte, Henderson all shooting left

Yes not the classic perfect fit but could be manageable depending on players adaptability and comfort level, something im not close enough to know of ha.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Well Olden, not sure sure this will be a better year. It will be more interesting to monitor attendance.
The Battalion have finished dead last in attendance for the last three seasons below even
Mississauga and Flint. Unless there’s a forthcoming up-tick in the consistent winning department,
not only could they be last again but they might even sink into the teens. Maybe they’ll want to go back to Brampton.
They can bring in no less than 1200 STH's (per the contract), then the city has to kick in for the difference. Don't think they'll ever go back to Brampton, but Buffalo is a good possibility.

Reactions: Tarantula

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
They can bring in no less than 1200 STH's (per the contract), then the city has to kick in for the difference. Don't think they'll ever go back to Brampton, but Buffalo is a good possibility.
1200 STH here and the arrangements they have are much stronger than they held in Brampton. Unless they hit a jackpot elsewhere I'm not sure they would leave for the unknown. They'll never get an "arena" deal like the one they have again anywhere else imo.

Reactions: Samee987

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
..may explain lack of creative marketing,,,lack of STH perks...where's the incentive..
The product. It's a junior hockey team.

The low attendance figures reflect the city's population, honestly. There isn't a ton of extra money in a lot of households to shell out for season ticket packages.

Sure they could add more STH 'perks', but that ultimately wouldn't push the needle anywhere near where they aren't still in the lower numbers in terms of sales.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How does Missy get those numbers then? Corporate freebies? Games on tv look brutal.
They're in the GTA. Probably a lot of other places to be than a junior hockey game in Mississauga. It's a big reason why the product failed in Brampton.

North Bay has a fickle population. A lot of people here would rather sit at home and wait to say 'I told you so' about another failing business than go out and spend a few bucks on something new and different.

The same goes for the countless businesses, events and festivals.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
They're in the GTA. Probably a lot of other places to be than a junior hockey game in Mississauga. It's a big reason why the product failed in Brampton.

North Bay has a fickle population. A lot of people here would rather sit at home and wait to say 'I told you so' about another failing business than go out and spend a few bucks on something new and different.

The same goes for the countless businesses, events and festivals.
This individual is in tune with our City. Great, accurate post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad