North Bay Battalion 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Appears as though Vrbetic let in 5 on 30 shots tonight at the u18 selection camp, not a setting where many goalies excel but not a great showing.

Edit: total shots, im an idiot.

Last edited:

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Anyone heard anything about the status of Kurtis Evans? Concussion free? Attending camp?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Vrbetic failed to make the team, appeared to be 3rd goalie of the 4 trying out for the Canada Hlinka team. Very excited to have his name in contention and will be a huge pillar for this team moving forward, if he can solidify himself as the starter after the Christmas break we will be laughing. That being said its a steep learning curve for a young goalie but he has all the tools and proved himself in the NOJHL last season.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Martin Hugo Has confirmed that he would not be coming to the OHL, good thing we got rid of our other puck moving import D

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They probably released Maier because he kinda sucked. Releasing him gave them a shot at Hugo-Has. Though these home run swings aren't exactly paying off.

They definitely released Postnov because he sucked. I assume there was probably a language barrier there also. His numbers in the USHL weren't overly impressive either.

Of note, LW Carson Bantle, committed to Michigan Tech, made the US U18 Hlinka team. He's a player who the Battalion need to roll out the red carpet to. The Huskies don't really have a great track record of turning out NHL talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
They probably released Maier because he kinda sucked. Releasing him gave them a shot at Hugo-Has. Though these home run seeing aren't exactly paying off.

They definitely released Postnov because he sucked. I assume there was probably a language barrier there also. His numbers in the USHL weren't overly impressive either.

Of note, LW Carson Bantle, committed to Michigan Tech, made the US U18 Hlinka team. He's a player who the Battalion need to roll out the red carpet to. The Huskies don't really have a great track record of turning out NHL talent.
I found Maier did fairly well at the beginning of the season, postnov seemed to open up a lot of space while he was on a line with braz ans Struthers, any word on our 2nd import pick?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Unfortunate... I dont think im being a homer when I say this team has major potential if a few things click. Its biggest need is a solid defenseman, Hugo Has seemed like he couldve been that guy..

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
They probably released Maier because he kinda sucked. Releasing him gave them a shot at Hugo-Has. Though these home run seeing aren't exactly paying off.

You made my day.

No sugar coating and just transparent opinion.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

I guess he sucked so bad that another OHL picked him up!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Unfortunate... I dont think im being a homer when I say this team has major potential if a few things click. Its biggest need is a solid defenseman, Hugo Has seemed like he couldve been that guy..
James Mayotte seems like a solid signing, we’ve picked a lot of actual talent as of late, proper coaching that would actually allow some risk taking and offence could go a long way

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Well Olden, not sure sure this will be a better year. It will be more interesting to monitor attendance.
The Battalion have finished dead last in attendance for the last three seasons below even
Mississauga and Flint. Unless there’s a forthcoming up-tick in the consistent winning department,
not only could they be last again but they might even sink into the teens. Maybe they’ll want to go back to Brampton.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..if our speed is allowed to flourish we could surprise a few...if speed is sacrificed for defensive concentration we could be in trouble..no check finishers..no toughness to protect good youngsters....we better be .500 after 10 games or you wont be able to give tix away....

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
..if our speed is allowed to flourish we could surprise a few...if speed is sacrificed for defensive concentration we could be in trouble..no check finishers..no toughness to protect good youngsters....we better be .500 after 10 games or you wont be able to give tix away....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad