North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

With the Burghardt retirement, it's safe to assume Potts eats up our second OA slot. Hopefully he sees the massive increase in offense that Colella did in his OA season.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Things looked pretty much as expected today. Struthers and Brazeau are going to dominate, liked Chenier with them. Coe looked great as did Peters up front. I found both Rose & Vescio both looked solid and simple. Both imports are going to be just fine I'm thinking, Postnov may have tried a little too hard to impress, Maier will be a solid defender once he gets used to the ice.

MIA: Potts, Evans, Brown

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Things looked pretty much as expected today. Struthers and Brazeau are going to dominate, liked Chenier with them. Coe looked great as did Peters up front. I found both Rose & Vescio both looked solid and simple. Both imports are going to be just fine I'm thinking, Postnov may have tried a little too hard to impress, Maier will be a solid defender once he gets used to the ice.

MIA: Potts, Evans, Brown
Any invite standouts?

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
I may sound like a whiner but I don't get the "cone of silence" with this team. Training camp started yesterday and still no roster released to the public.

Season tickets are down again allegedly and still now in season 6 the communication with their fans is still awful. But like they did in Brampton, blame the fans.

Wake up, it's 2018 and your few remaining fans are getting tired of your lack of appreciation.

I say this season and one more max and they leave North Bay and blame the community.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
still think that advertising and promoting of club [lack of]isbecause of Mr. Griffin???????

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Well it's time for Butler to cut his team down. Anyone expect any surprises? Something has to give as he has 13 returning forwards plus the Russian import and 5 returning D plus the other import and his 1st round pick.

If any which vet(s) gets cut???

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..trade bait...….brown..evans..allair….Rose...Baker...Forhan..like MacMillan..Peters,,,Campbell..

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Andy Baker as trade bait? He was a decent depth scorer for a stretch last season and a guy who probably puts up sixty-plus points as an OA returnee in 2019-20. I disagree you shop that guy unless you're getting a good replacement.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Andy Baker as trade bait? He was a decent depth scorer for a stretch last season and a guy who probably puts up sixty-plus points as an OA returnee in 2019-20. I disagree you shop that guy unless you're getting a good replacement.
Hate to disagree but I see Baker in line for an OA position next season but behind Propp, Struthers, Chenier, Walker, King as it currently stands.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hate to disagree but I see Baker in line for an OA position next season but behind Propp, Struthers, Chenier, Walker, King as it currently stands.
No worries. I'm under the impression that goalies won't count against the OA limit by then. If Struthers has a strong season this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see him turn pro in 2019/20, depending on the organization that drafted him. I'm actually quite high on him as a prospect.

Baker's a skilled little guy that can create some offense when given the opportunity. If he gains a step this season, I think his numbers get a healthy bump.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
any reports on schleuting and peters specifically? Look to be contributors this year?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Well it's time for Butler to cut his team down. Anyone expect any surprises? Something has to give as he has 13 returning forwards plus the Russian import and 5 returning D plus the other import and his 1st round pick.

If any which vet(s) gets cut???
With forwards Jackson and Cains signed , I would say that one or two of Brown, Baker are out .

Reactions: barclayplager

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So who's the top pair OA defenseman that shakes loose for us? We missed the boat on Matt Timms who London got for a 3rd and 4th.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Work commitments left me unable to attend most of camp this year - where do the strengths lie with this team as it stands right now (as people see it)? From the one day I did get in....
- Postnov looks like he could contribute right away, if his off ice adjustment goes well. More important now with Burghardt being forced into retirement.
- With a good stock of picks in the cupboard, an excess of bodies on defence and an OA spot open: Does North Bay use one (or both) of the 1st two to go after some proven scoring help? I don't know "why", but my gut is telling me something big is going to happen - sooner rather than later.
- Got some good goalies in the pipeline (I saw Cicigoi play in Powassan - kid is a workhorse). With Propp being (pretty much) the undisputed #1, who backs him up? Do people think Vrbetic automatically, or does he go down to Powassan for a year?

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I assume Purboo sticks with the team as backup this season, unless we use him as trade bait. Vrbetic takes another year to develop.

I think you might be dead on in terms of something big happening though. This is the year they have to make some noise in the conference and there are two big holes that need to be addressed prior to the start of the season--a top pair defenseman and a top six center (assuming McMaster moves to LW).

I wouldn't put my expectations too high as to what the imports bring in their first years here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad