North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I don't understand your question ? but I will take a stab at it.
Butler had a big trade in place for Amadio in his OA year , when they were fighting for a playoff spot , and ownership blocked it , they did make the playoffs , followed by a early exit .

Amadio never played as an O/A. If the trade was blocked, it was probably because they thought he would play here the next season.

I have no idea who pulls the strings here. I have heard the coach say that players like Smith/ Santos/Bruce...etc wanted to finish there careers here and not be traded.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't understand your question ? but I will take a stab at it.
Butler had a big trade in place for Amadio in his OA year , when they were fighting for a playoff spot , and ownership blocked it , they did make the playoffs , followed by a early exit .

Amadio did not play an OA season. There was no trade place. Butler wanted the Konechny deal; but, only Sarnia would do something that big at that time. So, no deal.
OHL Prospects: Q & A with North Bay Battalion Coach Stan Butler

Last edited:

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Amadio did not play an OA season. There was no trade place. Butler wanted the Konechny deal; but, only Sarnia would do something that big at that time. So, no deal.
OHL Prospects: Q & A with North Bay Battalion Coach Stan Butler
Ok Wrong year , but there was lots of interest and offers for Amadio .
LOL ...why would Butler tell the media that the owner is sticking his nose in ?
"Control the press. Control the people"
If you think GM's are truthful then I cant help you

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jake Smith made Butler look real good while here in the Bay , won many games all on his own . Troops would be out shot by wide margins and still be in every game.
In the first few seasons in North Bay, this almost never happened. Specifically in home games, they routinely out-shot their opponents.

Reactions: dirty12

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Ok Wrong year , but there was lots of interest and offers for Amadio .
LOL ...why would Butler tell the media that the owner is sticking his nose in ?
"Control the press. Control the people"
If you think GM's are truthful then I cant help you

I had heard rumours there was a deal in place with the Peterborough Petes that would have seen Amadio become a Pete.

Reactions: The Prophet

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
"The Battalion went on to pick Rhys Forhan, a Centre from Bradford, Ontario in the second round (33rd overall)."

"He is labeled as a two-way forward, with scoring upside."

"Some scouts are picking him to step in and contribute right away in 2016/17."

"Forhan also scored the game winning overtime goal for the Express in the OHL Cup finals."

This is what happens when you scout 1 tournament a year! The curse of the #9 continues.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
ok...here is my list of high pick castoffs ..for virtually nothing that I am aware of......Baird...Postonov….Ball..Forhan...is Hook responsible for all these and more...Gord Pell in GTA needs a good headshaking for going along or pushing for these guys....these high picks should be no brainers..appears they are.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
ok...here is my list of high pick castoffs ..for virtually nothing that I am aware of......Baird...Postonov….Ball..Forhan...is Hook responsible for all these and more...Gord Pell in GTA needs a good headshaking for going along or pushing for these guys....these high picks should be no brainers..appears they are.
David Sherman
Owen Green

Reactions: barclayplager

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
RF9 (yes, same number) has already played 1 game with Tigers, 0 points. And who is one of his new team mates? Jacob Ball.

Reactions: Olden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad