Patrick Sharp - Steven Stamkos - Claude Giroux
Taylor Hall - Eric Staal - Nathan Horton

Zdeno Chara - Tyler Myers

Ilya Bryzgalov

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
So you're upset you didn't get a 40 point player when you can still pick a 60 point player? LOL. Chill out, defensemen are a waste to spend early picks on.

I fail to see how defenseman are wasted picks. Since there are only 20 rounds to this draft, each team can only pick 12 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies. The voting is based on the best overall team, no? Not just fantasy stats.

Everyone is going to have stacked teams, yes, but IMO it will come down to who has the most well-rounded teams overall.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I fail to see how defenseman are wasted picks. Since there are only 20 rounds to this draft, each team can only pick 12 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies. The voting is based on the best overall team, no? Not just fantasy stats.

Everyone is going to have stacked teams, yes, but IMO it will come down to who has the most well-rounded teams overall.

If it's not only fantasy stats (I was assuming that was the case after this season) then why not pick some good defensemen instead of guys like Pietrangelo and Karlsson who are picked for...fantasy stats?

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
If it's not only fantasy stats (I was assuming that was the case after this season) then why not pick some good defensemen instead of guys like Pietrangelo and Karlsson who are picked for...fantasy stats?

I don't watch a whole lot of Blues games, but how is Pietrangelo a bad d-man? He's 21 so he's still growing into his game, but there is a reason (other than injuries) the Blues traded EJ. And Pietro definitely had something to do with it. And there is still a salary cap to worry about, so to get a very good, young dman with a cap friendly number is a necessity. Other GMs seem to agree which is why picks like Tyler Myers, etc have been made recently as well.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
The reason I am picking offensive defensemen like Karlsson and Burns early is because I am going to couple them with defensive defensemen later on.

I am trying to build a well round team like flyguy said.

It's not just about stacking offense. If we were using a sim like pickuphockey then I would grab up all the offensive players I could.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
habsman was on this afternoon when we had our flurry of picks but he didn't make his pick and he hasn't been on since.

I may have to do time slots even though I am hoping we can keep this going at a reasonable pace where I don't have to do that.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Bloated contract team? :sarcasm:

And sorry for the hold up guys!

Well at least we won't have to worry about habsman picking for the final 12 rounds or so, he won't have any cap space to pick people, he will fill out the rest of the roster with his AHL players :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad