Post-Game Talk: Nordiques 4 - Millionaires 1 - Never wear these jerseys again (0-3) - Part II

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Vey played well tonight, you guys are just mean

If by better you mean better than his usual invisible game then yes.

I pretty much just watch vey to see if the slight breeze of any other player skating past him caused him to fall or lose the puck. And it did again tonight , dudes so weak on hmthe puck/ his skates.

Jun 15, 2014
If by better you mean better than his usual invisible game then yes.

I pretty much just watch vey to see if the slight breeze of any other player skating past him caused him to fall or lose the puck. And it did again tonight , dudes so weak on hmthe puck/ his skates.

Thought he created some good chances in the offensive zone, but he is very weak. Feel like we should all donate food so he can eat more

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well my sober state of the game...

Wasted opportunities everywhere, should've been better but this team got lazy and the result...a big ass L

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
yeah. But how does that happen? If they don't make the playoffs, as good as they've played, this season will go down as one of missed opportunities.

No one really knows. We've been trying to figure it out for a couple of seasons now even.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
well on the bright side it would be better to make the playoffs with the fewest points as possible. We have be sneaking up on some of the eastern teams lately in points and moving closer to 20-21 than 16. I'd prefer to make the playoffs and nab the best pick possible since I can't see any way we make it to the conference finals. Cheering for teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh, NYI, Washington, etc to win games the rest of the way for that very reason.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Man, that was embarrassing.

The leadership group needs to own that loss. An absolute no show on home ice against a team that has no business dominating you and a goaltender who doesn't have a save percentage above .900

That was astonishing, but also not, which is why it comes all the way to the first thing I said, the leadership group has to own that loss.

These bed wettings against awful teams are not rare or every now and then, they are the opposite of us, consistent.

The team should be embarrassed, starting with the guys at the top, because that was the definition of laying an egg.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Man, that was embarrassing.

The leadership group needs to own that loss. An absolute no show on home ice against a team that has no business dominating you and a goaltender who doesn't have a save percentage above .900

That was astonishing, but also not, which is why it comes all the way to the first thing I said, the leadership group has to own that loss.

These bed wettings against awful teams are not rare or every now and then, they are the opposite of us, consistent.

The team should be embarrassed, starting with the guys at the top, because that was the definition of laying an egg.

Colorado isn't an awful team.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
But that ruins the "we always lose to bad teams" narrative that so many love

Exactly. We beat Arizona. We beat Toronto. We lost to Colorado who has the same amount of points as that San Jose team that posters were still peeing themselves over two weeks ago. Cripes.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have this lack of killer instinct and it shows up against weaker opponents. Everybody knows this is not a champion-trait. Yet, they come out like this repeatedly. It seems Desjardins doesn't have an answer. This is reason enough, if the Canucks do not qualify for the post-season, to fire him.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
If they end up missing the playoffs because of this, well they'll have deserved it.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Matthias has done nothing the last few games except for getting taken off the second line. Hopefully the return of Kassian and Richardson soon will wake him up.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Maybe it didn't matter but having a third jersey promotional stunt in the middle of a play off race never made any sense to me.

Why tempt fate when all team could have is the ugly memories associated with that clownish outfit.

Team was getting in a groove and needed no distractions. Basically took them two periods to get on track and then it was too late.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Maybe it didn't matter but having a third jersey promotional stunt in the middle of a play off race never made any sense to me.

Why tempt fate when all team could have is the ugly memories associated with that clownish outfit.

Team was getting in a groove and needed no distractions. Basically took them two periods to get on track and then it was too late.

if wearing a new jersey is enough to distract this team then i'm not really sure what to say. you really think they're that fragile?

the last time i saw someone freak out when they had to wear something different was when i put a new pair of shoes on my 2 yr old son.

:laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Just another case of downplaying our opponents.

Not so sure. Colorado has been very good of late. They are 10 points behind the canucks now. They aren't a bad team. This isn't Arizona or Buffalo.

Doesn't excuse the effort but I don't think there is really a way to play down to Colorado right now.

The O'Reilly line has been simply dominant the last 20 or so games.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Not so sure. Colorado has been very good of late. They are 10 points behind the canucks now. They aren't a bad team. This isn't Arizona or Buffalo.
I think it was also the case of the way the Avs started the Oilers game the other night. Unlikely they would be having that kind of start again the next game.

arsmaster*

They could have been wearing kevlar suits with sequence all over it, had nothing to do with that effort.

That's a veteran team thinking they can walk all over a bottom feeder who played the night before and travelled. All too common this season.

Millionaires sweaters or not, that's on the players and coaches, not on a jersey.

edit* Bottom feeder is obviously strong, but maybe I should have said a team playing for nothing. We needed that game, they don't. I'm scared for when we play the speedy Stars next. Another bad matchup style wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad