Post-Game Talk: None of the posters I called out showed up, and neither did the Panthers. Ducks take it 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
On the third line futility, I think it’s more complicated than just acquiring one player. We need a center and wing for that line. It’s terrible.

Lundell is floundering.

That is going to be a real problem in the playoffs.

Can't see how Zito will manage to get us an actuall third line for the playoffs, but he has to.

Reactions: Chessarmy

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Dare I say try Lundell at wing again, but with Barkov?

Lundell-Barkov-Reinhart
V-B-T
Luostar-???-Rodriquez

If he can't click with a red hot Reinhart, who he had chemistry with and Barkov-the money man, then maybe we should be sending him firefighter applications in Canada.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Some Lundell thoughts:
  1. We need to be realistic about past performance:
    1. Each season his line has gotten worse.
    2. In his past seasons, he scored a lot more in non-close games. In his rookie season, 50% of his points were in non close games (less than two goal differential); this season it is 75%
    3. His 5-5 scoring in close games (per game) is about the same as last year: 16% (last year) to 15%
  2. He's snack-bitten and lacking confidence
    1. His shooting percentage is below 2%.
    2. His underlying offensive analytics are pretty strong: best high danger change per minute and expected goals ever.
  3. Bring freaking signs guys. It works

Long-term value is there. He's a bit slow/weak, but remember: his two seasons here have been two of the three longest run in Panthers history. He needed a longer off-season to build up there.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Some Lundell thoughts:
    2. In his past seasons, he scored a lot more in non-close games. In his rookie season, 50% of his points were in non close games (less than two goal differential); this season it is 75%
    3. His 5-5 scoring in close games (per game) is about the same as last year: 16% (last year) to 15%
    2. His underlying offensive analytics are pretty strong: best high danger change per minute and expected goals ever.

Long-term value is there. He's a bit slow/weak, but remember: his two seasons here have been two of the three longest run in Panthers history. He needed a longer off-season to build up there.
'Snack-bitten' is more an Ekblad thing ;)

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Some Lundell thoughts:

Serious question: would it make sense to flip-flop him and Starman; center and wing? I know Starman isn't that great at faceoffs, but it is something one can learn.

Not a serious question, more of a 'I told you so' comment:
Remember, I wanted the Panthers to draft Perfetti? They got off the hook, as I think he got drafted 1 or 2 spots ahead of Lundy.

I think we just have to remain patient with Lundy. He is doing an excellent job as a defensive C. His time will come on the offensive side.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Serious question: would it make sense to flip-flop him and Starman; center and wing? I know Starman isn't that great at faceoffs, but it is something one can learn.

Not a serious question, more of a 'I told you so' comment:
Remember, I wanted the Panthers to draft Perfetti? They got off the hook, as I think he got drafted 1 or 2 spots ahead of Lundy.

I think we just have to remain patient with Lundy. He is doing an excellent job as a defensive C. His time will come on the offensive side.
Not sure: Lundy has been a fine center and I don't see an issue with his game necessarily. If it wasn't for how dominant the first line was, I'd switch Luo and Rodrigues for a bit.

Luo and Lundy together are two of the same thing for better or worse

Reactions: Prominence Problem

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wasn't Treefrog a moderator here once upon a time?
He was. Guess the Guds/Kulikov/Bjugstad/Barkov/Tallon/etc debates we had in the mid 2010's did a heavy toll on a lot of posters lol
Damn some of these names are og, would love to see Erick back

Same.
OT I always wondered who was the RustyOleszTrombone poster was. Had to of been an alt/former banned member

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Look how far we've come

RAISE THE BANNER

1705441888069.png

1705442379290.png

Still? @SoupyFIN lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.