Non-star players from your team history you miss the most

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
A couple of guys from the dark ages of the late 90s Rangers...

Dan Cloutier was legit crazy, he gave zero Fs, skates over to the Islanders bench after taking down Tommy Salo lol. And Darren Langdon going after a young Zdeno Chara... I'll never forget this game. The Rangers and Islanders were both total garbage during this era, but it made for some really fun games!

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Jay Beagle. Whenever we needed a clutch faceoff win he was the guy, and he also had a relentless motor that made him invaluable from a bottom 6 perspective

Reactions: Lou Sassole

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Hahah had to think about this one. I first though Vincent Damphousse, but I remember seeing a young Koivu playing with Bure and friggin Oleg Petrov. The line was speedy AF! I wonder how they woudl do in today's hockey instead.

Reactions: Eegs

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Garnet Hathaway
Dmitry Orlov

Coincidentally traded away for the pick that was flipped for Rasmus Sandin, who is so far one of my least favorite Caps

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Wings-fisher, probert,draper,mccarty,Maltby
Lightning- andreychuk,sydor,Dingman, cullimore, Yankees, coleman,goodrow, McDounagh

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Matt Hendricks, we were a different team when he was hurt some years back. The intensity he brought to the team was something we lacked.

That and anyone blocking shots with their nuts is a warrior in my books

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
2 players, from my two fave teams, Edmonton and Detroit

1713206790603.jpeg

1713207540245.jpeg

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I was so mad when the rangers let him go. It was such an obviuosly terrible decision in real time, i kept thinking it must be a prank.
He was great in Tampa. Another guy I really wish would have been around to enjoy the championship years.

Loved watching him corral opposing forwards toward the boards and flip them with hip checks - he just made it look effortless. The epitome of a calming influence on defense; he also played a major role in the development of our young d-men. Never truly a star player, but certainly one of the most underrated defensemen of his time.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tomas Plekanec. One of the best Montreal players for many years, great two-way centre and turtleneck legend.
As a Leaf fan, the amount of respect I gained for him after the Leafs acquired him that year, I can't put into words. Guy is a true professional. Always the hardest working guy on the ice, great IQ and you know exactly what you're getting with him. Loved him in his short stint here.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
For the Leafs, l'd say Dmitri Yushkevich and Danny Markhov.

Last edited:
Reactions: mogs

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Matt Hendricks, we were a different team when he was hurt some years back. The intensity he brought to the team was something we lacked.

That and anyone blocking shots with their nuts is a warrior in my books
Dude was ridiculous in breakaways/shootouts. The paralyzer was an all time great move.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Virtanen on the Hitmen was so so fun to watch!

Thought for sure he was going to be a monster in the NHL.

Hard for fans to read the mental game sometimes I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad