Non-star players from your team history you miss the most

Aug 3, 2010
Since the team I follow isn't making the playoffs I'm starting the summer thread machine.

Who are the non-star players you miss the most from your team history?

Could be a backup/journeyman goaltender, or a lunchbucket third liner, or a hometown hero... just had to resonate with how much you liked them for whatever reason. To be clear, this thread is NOT about how that player would fit on your team roster today or how they would boost your team to a Cup win.

I always have a soft spot for Stephane Yelle. Lunchbucket player, never complained, and even filled in on defence sometimes. Glad he even won a couple of Cups.

Last edited:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Since the team I follow isn't making the playoffs I'm starting the summer thread machine.

Who are the non-star players you miss the most from your team history?

Could be a backup/journeyman goaltender, or a lunchbucket third liner, or a hometown hero... just had to resonate with how much you liked them for whatever reason.

I always have a soft spot for Stephane Yelle. Lunchbucket player, never complained, and even filled in on defence sometimes. Glad he even won a couple of Cups.

For me on the Flames it is Stephane Yelle and Cory Sarich, heart and soul players.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
matt greene maybe? stiff game, heart and soul guy

maybe marty frk in another direction, just because "f*** you i'm shooting" is a ton of fun to watch

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yanni Gourde. Guy busted his ass every second of every shift he played for us, did whatever he was asked to do on any given day, and did it all with a huge grin on his face. He was in many ways the heart of the championship Lightning team and his departure was the beginning of the end for them.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Kenny Jonsson or Andy Greene would have been a perfect for on the left side for the Isles this year. Both playing quiet but solid minutes. As for forwards, does Frans Nielsen count? He can play solid middle six minutes and score on the shootout.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Daymond Langkow was awesome.

I kinda wanted the Flyers to get Ty Domi, because he kinda reminds me of Langkow.

Edit: Max Domi, duh.......

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Sabres: Ray/May. I miss that toughness.
Bruins: Brian Rolston. Great speed and hard shot

Reactions: dire wolf

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
matt greene maybe? stiff game, heart and soul guy

maybe marty frk in another direction, just because "f*** you i'm shooting" is a ton of fun to watch
Micheal Stone for the same reason as Frk.

Guy just can’t stop blastin it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad