Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

That's a fair amount of walking and time to get to stadium.

Thinking of those who aren't as physically able, as I grow older and have to accommodate my parents. They always request wheelchair at airport.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why won't they just build on the current Coliseum site? It has to be more practical to build there and clean up the surrounding area than doing that.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

That's a fair amount of walking and time to get to stadium.

Thinking of those who aren't as physically able, as I grow older and have to accommodate my parents. They always request wheelchair at airport.

It will take over a half an hour to go from Car to seat, even with the Gondola ride. Seems like quite a distance, and I agree with the whole accommodating those who are not able to make said walk.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Who were most NorCal fans rooting for in this game? Can't be LA, but also can't be the Pats

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
boring superbowl for sure, but hey, won a 50 dollar gift card from our realtor who even years later puts his clients in a pool for free. 2nd half numbers I had was 3-3.

Hey works for us!

Reactions: drunksage

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It’s weird though, because Harper has no interest from any good teams. It’s the Phillies, White Sox and Giants apparently. Those aren’t good teams. Tavares was courted by the best.

Harper probably makes the Phillies the favorites in the NL East. The AL Central sucks, and the White Sox have a loaded farm system. I don't know why he'd want to sign with the Giants other than money.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Harper probably makes the Phillies the favorites in the NL East. The AL Central sucks, and the White Sox have a loaded farm system. I don't know why he'd want to sign with the Giants other than money.
The only reasons I can think of are proximity to his home town of Las Vegas and he loves Bochy.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Who were most NorCal fans rooting for in this game? Can't be LA, but also can't be the Pats
Julian Edelman from Redwood City and Tom Brady from San Mateo all day.
I consider San Mateo my 'hometown' so I'm a low key fan for only that reason haha.

On a different note, doesn't Machado make more sense purely from a hitting standpoint? I mean Harper will lose his power hitting aura, and let's face it, it won't be a good look for anybody.
The team's core isn't thaaaat old, so if they go this route I'll never count them out if they can get into the playoffs. A proper rebuild is starting to look more logical though.

Reactions: tiburon12

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wrt who I wanted to win the sb, I didn't really care. I just wanted a competitive, good game.

It was certainly competitive. It certainly wasn't good.

Reactions: tiburon12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad