Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Awful game...definitely reminded me of game 6 vs. the Royals. Now the question is whether game 5 will resemble game 7. I think the series rides on Logan Webb's shoulders, unfortunately, because the offense looks anemic. No pressure...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The bullpen was absolute trash tonight. They handed the dodgers so many rallies. I get it if one guy struggles but when the entire pen pitches like that it makes you wonder if they just can’t handle the moment.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
well im no baseball fan, but can someone eli5 why in mlb they follow a 162 game season with a 5-game series

does mlb not like money or something even the nba realized what a potato idea 5 game ploff serieses are

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
well im no baseball fan, but can someone eli5 why in mlb they follow a 162 game season with a 5-game series

does mlb not like money or something even the nba realized what a potato idea 5 game ploff serieses are

It was controversial enough adding the division series.

Reactions: slocal

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Dodgers had the second best record in baseball and had to win a play-in game just to get into the playoffs. Then the two best teams in baseball played in the first round in a five-game series. Makes the NHL playoff format look respectable.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
What a joke of an ending. How the hell could the ump make that call at that time? Wasn’t even close. Not to mention that terrible strike zone all night. I don’t normally complain about officiating, but the umps legitimately got in the way of a good game tonight.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad