Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Looking forward to seeing the 49ers game tonight and watching more Lance. Hope there are no injuries. I wasn't happy with the O Line last week so hopefully some of that was cleaned up.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The new extra innings rule is the stupidest rule added to a sport in recent memory.
It’s not stupid because it does have a point. The point is to end the game as quickly as possible.

That said, it ruins the integrity of a great 9+ inning game and should end immediately.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It’s not stupid because it does have a point. The point is to end the game as quickly as possible.

That said, it ruins the integrity of a great 9+ inning game and should end immediately.
I agree. I understand the purpose but it changes everything about how the game is played after 9 innings.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Three pitch inning on Saturday for the Giants, bottom of the 4th. There's not a lot of three pitch innings, but this one had a base runner. I don't think I've ever seen a three pitch inning with a base runner before.

First batter: plunked on first pitch
Second batter: hit first pitch into 4-6-3 double play
Third batter: hits first pitch to left field for a fly ball out.

Pretty crazy.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That was way too close, 9ers. Also, stop with the injuries already. Sheesh.
It's ridiculous. Mostert got hurt after like 3 plays. Banish artificial turf already.

Grass isn't that hard to grow, just water it. Every football team is making millions upon millions, just grow some stupid grass. Asses.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Parade to the hospital is starting nice and early again...f***ing hell. Poor Verrett :( I feel awful for him.

Dammit! I didn't read the news about him yet. Worst of luck, that man.

It's ridiculous. Mostert got hurt after like 3 plays. Banish artificial turf already.

Grass isn't that hard to grow, just water it. Every football team is making millions upon millions, just grow some stupid grass. Asses.

Especially in non-drought regions. Like, c'mon...

Reactions: DG93

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

RDT_20210912_132120423478909640578637.jpg

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
A's pretty much choked away their season in the final month. Which is sad since this likely gonna be the last season they play in Oakland.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
A's pretty much choked away their season in the final month. Which is sad since this likely gonna be the last season they play in Oakland.

Where would they play next season? I know they have issues getting a stadium, but haven't heard anything about where they would play next year.

NewMuzu24

May 28, 2018
I'd say this was their last chance to make the playoffs in Oakland, but not their last season. Can't imagine they'll move this offseason, but I don't see them being here in 4 years when they can get use out of whatever they get from trading Olson, Chapman, Manaea, and maybe even Montas and Laureano this winter.

Sports effing suck.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I'd say this was their last chance to make the playoffs in Oakland, but not their last season. Can't imagine they'll move this offseason, but I don't see them being here in 4 years when they can get use out of whatever they get from trading Olson, Chapman, Manaea, and maybe even Montas and Laureano this winter.

Sports effing suck.

It does seem like they're preparing to close the current window soon.
The A's are basically the Sharks, but with periodic tanking. Similar reliance on stats.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Sports Cheap-ass owners effing suck.

That's more accurate. Sorry to all the A's fans that you have to deal with that

Reactions: NewMuzu24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad