Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Read that Zaza's kids needed precautionary security because his family got death threats.
Lost a lot of respect for Pop. The analogy to manslaughter was ridiculous.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Warriors become the First ever team to go 12-0 in the playoffs, but they didn't do it the 'right way' so **** 'em

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I don't care how they win. It's just the lack of competition that irks me. That's not their fault. That's the league's fault.

This, I don't think most of the hate is revolving around the warriors but just how non competitive the playoffs are in the last 3-4 years. This year being the all time worst. You will most likely see an undefeated team against a 1 loss team in the finals. That's bad for the game when everyone and their mother predicted those teams to be in this years' finals 2 years ago.....

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
My opinion on this is if you don't want the batter to do that, pitch better. I may be in the minority there, though.

I think it's a two way street. I don't actually mind bat flips and admiring moonshots, just don't get assmad when the pitcher gives you some chin music the next time you meet. Baseball drama is the next best thing to a hockey fight.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Strickland should pitch better if he doesn't want Harper admiring his work.

Good fight. Harper's helmet slipping out of his hand as he threw it was hilarious. Each guy landed a solid shot. Draw.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm in this line.

Ideally, you want to pitch better but guys are going to get you every now and then. That's just the game. What is also the game is getting beaned if one feels like you're showing them up in the process. In this situation, it was selfish on Strickland's part for not letting it go. If he had an issue with Harper's showboating in 2014, he should've had one of his teammates take care of it for him in 2015 and let that be that. I mean, I would have thought that winning the series would've been enough and winning the championship would've been enough but I guess not. In either case, it should've been done by the first guy to face him the next season and not three years later.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Ideally, you want to pitch better but guys are going to get you every now and then. That's just the game. What is also the game is getting beaned if one feels like you're showing them up in the process. In this situation, it was selfish on Strickland's part for not letting it go. If he had an issue with Harper's showboating in 2014, he should've had one of his teammates take care of it for him in 2015 and let that be that. I mean, I would have thought that winning the series would've been enough and winning the championship would've been enough but I guess not. In either case, it should've been done by the first guy to face him the next season and not three years later.

Now and then = Every single appearance in the 2014 playoffs. This probably won't be the last fight. He'll be getting even for the next 10 years.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Now and then = Every single appearance in the 2014 playoffs. This probably won't be the last fight. He'll be getting even for the next 10 years.

I don't think there is going to be any more that comes from this. If it does, it'll be by the Nat's hands and they're not in the wrong to do so. Strickland isn't going to have 10 years left to get even and he got even in his mind now so if he still tries this again, he's going to risk his job.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't think there is going to be any more that comes from this. If it does, it'll be by the Nat's hands and they're not in the wrong to do so. Strickland isn't going to have 10 years left to get even and he got even in his mind now so if he still tries this again, he's going to risk his job.

I think he did that yesterday, especially when he started pushing Hunter Pence's face. Doesn't seem like he cares about his teammates much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad