Non-roster player you wouldn't trade

Cantankerousoldguy

Nov 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Niku – Im thinking Trouba right now is really the real Linchpin on where this team go’s over the foreseeable future. True North knows if he is staying or going and how much he is asking for. If he stays unless we get rid of Buff, Myers and a few others soon we might not have enough room & cap space to keep Niku thou.

Petan has already shown his worth, he will not be cracking this line up and for his own sake we should move him, I also have a bad feeling about Vesal and anyone who thinks Dano is worth more than a holy puck bag should seek medical assistance immediately……….or please vigorously pound on your medical alert necklace!

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I trust Chevy to move whoever we need to entice a player like Mark Stone to come here.

Our time is now to win a cup and Stone would be a game changer.

I agree, but to me the price of Niku and a first would be a high price to pay. (Unless we win the cup, then it's all worth it)

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Nothing will put us over TB this season.

In the last 10 years, one Presidents Trophy winner has gone on to win the Stanley Cup. ONE. Chicago in 2013. So ya, I guess there is a chance for someone to beat TB IF they make it to the final (last 10 years, only 2 have even made it to the finals (Canucks in 2011)).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
In the last 10 years, one Presidents Trophy winner has gone on to win the Stanley Cup. ONE. Chicago in 2013. So ya, I guess there is a chance for someone to beat TB IF they make it to the final (last 10 years, only 2 have even made it to the finals (Canucks in 2011)).
How do you know if things will follow trends vs it's about time that, that thing that's rare happens again? Because you could say that a team is due.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Niku.

I haven't done any research on Samberg, but probably him too since everyone thinks he's good.

Cypruss

Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
How do you know if things will follow trends vs it's about time that, that thing that's rare happens again? Because you could say that a team is due.

Nobody knows, all you can do is look at the trends to know that Tampa can surely be beaten by one of their 4 opponents in the playoffs. I think they are a fantastic team and my Eastern Conf prediction right now.....but history shows that adversity, poor stretch of games (Jets vs VGK) and upsets do often occur.

Nashville thought they were cup bound after finishing first overall last year too, but that didn't exactly go according to plan. In the last 38 years, the team who finished first in the regular season won the cup 8 times.

Ehlers should be fresh whenever he returns, play Niku for a few weeks as Buff prepares to go into beast mode, take 55 & 26 off the freaking PK already and put some juice back into those legs for TB in the final. Buff with the Conn Smythe.

Pull the trigger. Make a deal. Vesa + can get Winnipeg a freaking Stanley Cup.

Secondary Bonus - hanging that over your blabbering leaf fan friends.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nobody knows, all you can do is look at the trends to know that Tampa can surely be beaten by one of their 4 opponents in the playoffs. I think they are a fantastic team and my Eastern Conf prediction right now.....but history shows that adversity, poor stretch of games (Jets vs VGK) and upsets do often occur.

Nashville thought they were cup bound after finishing first overall last year too, but that didn't exactly go according to plan. In the last 38 years, the team who finished first in the regular season won the cup 8 times.

Ehlers should be fresh whenever he returns, play Niku for a few weeks as Buff prepares to go into beast mode, take 55 & 26 off the freaking PK already and put some juice back into those legs for TB in the final. Buff with the Conn Smythe.

Pull the trigger. Make a deal. Vesa + can get Winnipeg a freaking Stanley Cup.

Secondary Bonus - hanging that over your blabbering leaf fan friends.

If K-Ves and Our 1st can get us Stone I do that trade.

Reactions: Cypruss

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
All options should be on the table.

Now if you mean at the trade deadline thus year, I don't think we should be buyers. If buyers, someone cheap that won't cost prospects more than Petan - we have killed his chance at the NHL. Give him a chance elsewhere.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My dividing line is about here as well. Niku and Samberg are no goes for me. KV would be 3rd on my list and getting close to pulling the trigger.

The three guys I would least like to part with are Niku, Samberg, Roslo.....as far as depth roster players I would prefer to hang on to Appleton but would part with him if necessary.

K-Ves would be the A asset I would part with. I would be fine with dangling Lemiuex as the roster player while he is riding his insane PDO streak. It goes without saying that Guys rumored like Petan and Stanley are first off the boat if it helps.

Cypruss

Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

I guess there WAS something that could put us over Tampa Bay.....the correct answer was that it would not be the Jets problem, Columbus took care of that for us!

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Each and every one of them are available for the right price. I would have traded the best of 'em as part of a package for Mark Stone at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad