Non-roster player you wouldn't trade

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Which non-roster player would you least like to see traded.

I'll include Niku because he is only in because of injury and I don't know which player sits between Appleseed and Lemmy when Ehlers gets back so lets add them to the list as well.
Include Roslo too because he is young and has been talked about in the trade discussions.
I think Niku will get a lot of votes but I think for me Samberg is the player I would least like to see traded.
Trade Niku or Vaseline or Lemmy or Appleseed or Stanley or Comrie or Poolman but don't trade Samberg. I'd rather see Roslo traded than Samberg.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would not like to see Niku, or Samberg traded yet unless Maurice plans to Petan Niku and I give that a 50-50 chance.

Roslo would be painful but I would do it. KVes I would trade for the right price.

Lemmy or Stanley would be a yes for trading.

Reactions: Robinson2187

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would not like to see Niku, or Samberg traded yet unless Maurice plans to Petan Niku and I give that a 50-50 chance.

Roslo would be painful but I would do it. KVes I would trade for the right price.

Lemmy or Stanley would be a yes for trading.
Agree on your choices with Samberg ahead of Niku for me. And I'm not worried about Niku ending up in the same boat as Petan. Little Nic had most of a full season and over 100 NHL games to find a role he could stick in. With even 1/2 that opportunity Niku will be an everyday player.

Reactions: ps241

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Niku and Samberg are going to be really important - the biggest challenge Chevy will face in the coming years is replenishing the D.

Vesalainen can go in the right deal (i.e. for someone they think they can re-sign) but I think he's going to be good as soon as next year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Niku, Samberg and Ves are the only three for me. Everyone else can go in the right deal.

Having said that I am not interested in rentals so the right deal is for a youngish player by term.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Niku, Samberg and Ves are the only three for me. Everyone else can go in the right deal.

Having said that I am not interested in rentals so the right deal is for a youngish player by term.
In reality, those are probably the only 3 with value, but overall I agree with your sentiment.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I would trade any of our prospects for a piece that will put us over the top. Banners fly forever, prospects can fizzle and wash out.

I would like to keep our D men....Niku and Samberg if possible since I think we may get very thin very quick potentially as soon as next season at that position. I would be more than ok unloading Vesa, Applecart or Rosie for someone like Mark Stone for the cup run.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think we are forgetting some prospects that are less high profile, but might factor into the Jets future. Chisholm and Valatti are a couple of mobile LHD that are having strong seasons in the OHL. Kovacevic is a big RHD that has pro potential. Poolman is likely already at 3rd pairing quality with a very strong AHL season underway.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would trade any of our prospects for a piece that will put us over the top. Banners fly forever, prospects can fizzle and wash out.

I would like to keep our D men....Niku and Samberg if possible since I think we may get very thin very quick potentially as soon as next season at that position. I would be more than ok unloading Vesa, Applecart or Rosie for someone like Mark Stone for the cup run.
Nothing will put us over TB this season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nothing will put us over TB this season.
That's an important point. The Jets should be reticent about going overboard on the rental market this season. Chevy should consider paying just enough to get a good rental, but over-bid what the buyers' market is willing to pay for rentals this season. For all we know, he might already have a plan to re-sign Trouba and Connor, and not have plans to extend Stone long-term due to cap considerations. In that case, he needs to think of Stone and others as pure rentals.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Niku and Samberg for me.

With all the things I hear about Vesalainen, he's not really untouchable for me. On top of that our top 6 wingers are pretty set for now so it's doubtful he gets a shot at the top 6 anytime soon so if he can be used to fill a hole then I'd do it.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That's an important point. The Jets should be reticent about going overboard on the rental market this season. Chevy should consider paying just enough to get a good rental, but over-bid what the buyers' market is willing to pay for rentals this season. For all we know, he might already have a plan to re-sign Trouba and Connor, and not have plans to extend Stone long-term due to cap considerations. In that case, he needs to think of Stone and others as pure rentals.

I am not afraid of Tampa. They’ve been a top team for the past few years and always manage to fizzle out. They aren’t even in our conference. If there’s a trade in place that we think will put us over the top (ie for Stone/Duchene etc.) then we should go for it, and not refrain because Tampa is doing good in the regular season.

That said, Niku is really the only one whose name has been brought up that I don’t want to trade. I’d like to keep Samberg too. Vesalainen looks good, but his character issues are frustrating and I think the return for him can be real nice so I am not opposed to trading him.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
They can all go in the right deal.
This. But guys like Niku I'd want a signed Stone, not a rental. As rentals, my untouchables are Niku, Samberg and that is probably it. Vesa I'd consider for rentals, but I'd probably want both Stone AND Duchene.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
No one is really untouchable for the right deal. That bring said my own order of players that would take a pretty great offer is: 1) Samberg, 2) Niku, 3) Vesa

That's counting guys like Roslo, Apples, and Lemmy as roster guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad