GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Eh, tipped kicks can be a result of low trajectory. And I don't think I've ever heard talk of that D being the best in history. They pretty well dominated the game and had 2 back breaking plays that kept the final Philly drive going. f***.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah the Eagles also had at least 3 surefire INTs that were flat out dropped. And if the refs didn't blow that long comincompletion dead, that would have been a fumble recovery as well.

Blame Parkey all you want, but the Bears defense allowed the Eagles to go on a long clock draining drive at the end (much like the Super Bowl last year) that allowed them to take the lead with not much time left. Khalil Mack touched Nick Foles twice on the game. Twice. If your biggest strength as a team is neutralized to that extent, you're probably going to lose. If the Eagles could have come up with some of those picks they dropped, the score likely would have been a comfortable win.

Of course, that secondary is most likely going to be shredded this week in Nawlins. Breesus vs a bunch of 3rd stringers never works out well for the defense. But, if they somehow come away with the win, its crazy to think they could be one win away from another Super Bowl trip with Nick Foles.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Bears didn't necessarily make the best use of their timeouts to give themselves more time to position themselves to score or for an easier field goal either. As mentioned, Mack was not a factor, their D gave up a TD when it mattered, and they also had several receivers that Trubisky hit pretty well, that just stumbled or didn't make as much out of the play as they should have.

I have a hard time seeing the Eagles beat the Saints, but stranger things at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad