Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@rocandmanuch: Per GJ will come on our show after announcement. He is not doing any interviews until that point. Very busy! Sounds great! #phoenixcoyotes"

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So... are we going to get something announced before/after the Oilers game? Any press conferences scheduled yet?

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
RT @NHLwiki: #NHL -- @Real_ESPNLeBrun tells #RDS TV in Canada that Greg Jamison will not be able to close the #Coyotes sale by Thurs.

IDK, I can't find the original LeBrun source/ quote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
RDS has a vested interest in the Coyotes not staying. I would question everything they have to say, just the same as our more poorly accredited local reporters.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
LeBrun didn't tweet it but can we find Audio or proof? He is a credible reporter and source.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
LeBrun didn't tweet it but can we find Audio or proof? He is a credible reporter and source.

There is a link to audio or video (not sure which) to LeBrun's actual words (in the BoH forum), but it's in French - so google translate will be even less help than usual. :)

Unless zz (OEL, now) can help us out.

Here you go, OEL....

Here is the link to what he said. Very credible voice in the NHL: http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/ios.html#cat=plus_recents&videoID=119321

.... at around 2:40

...let us know if you've got the time.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Even if he did, I'm not buying anything anyone is selling till the deadline actually passes or there is an announcement presser.

This. I just want to sleep for the next 48 hours. There have been plenty of rumors thrown out with past attempts to buy the team. If it happens, it does. If not, well I'm going to enjoy as much of this last year as I can since I live in Buckeye.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
RDS has a vested interest in the Coyotes not staying. I would question everything they have to say, just the same as our more poorly accredited local reporters.

Opposite, they have interest in QC not getting a team since their owner, Bell, owns part of the Habs. It's a long story and I don't feel like explaining everything, but RDS does NOT want the team to come to Quebec City and have been consistantly reporting all the positive news for the Coyotes while ignoring the negative ones. Pierre Lebrun doesn't even work for RDS, he works for ESPN.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
naurutger, you are making me look like an idiot in the BOH board. You quoted the tweet, but it was just a tweet from some random dude to Roc&Manuch :(

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
naurutger, you are making me look like an idiot in the BOH board. You quoted the tweet, but it was just a tweet from some random dude to Roc&Manuch :(

You should stick to this :sarcasm:

This. I just want to sleep for the next 48 hours. There have been plenty of rumors thrown out with past attempts to buy the team. If it happens, it does. If not, well I'm going to enjoy as much of this last year as I can since I live in Buckeye.

:D

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So we have Roc supposedly talking directly to GJ as his tweet said "Per GJ" and we have someone named Pierre saying something completely opposite. Yeah I know he works for ESPN but I'm guessing Pierre would rather the Coyotes move to QC.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
there is a link to audio or video (not sure which) to lebrun's actual words (in the boh forum), but it's in french - so google translate will be even less help than usual. :)

unless zz (oel, now) can help us out.

Here you go, oel....

watching is right now lebrun said

"its incredible its a story that will keep evolving this week with no conclusion, first of all there a deadline to honor a lease with the city of glendale a very important lease giving over 300m to gj over 20 years, me according to my sources gj wont be able to conclude the purchase in time to honor the lease dieadline, now you think its over but no the league will give him more time to buy the team and get a new deal with the city and the new mayor, its far for over one way or the other.......

Sounds like a smoke screen, until they move

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sounds like a smoke screen, until they move

If it doesn't close, I'm sure they will drag it at least through February to get the last payment from the season ticket holders that chose the payment plan. I know my last payment is February 15th. I won't be paying that if it doesn't close even if it means losing the rest of my tickets. Screw that.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
If it doesn't close, I'm sure they will drag it at least through February to get the last payment from the season ticket holders that chose the payment plan. I know my last payment is February 15th. I won't be paying that if it doesn't close even if it means losing the rest of my tickets. Screw that.

Are you allowed to not pay all of your payments for the seasons tickets?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The league should know that a new deal with the new city council won't happen though....

Bettman might personally request an extension, in person. He then will be shot down by an ideological moron who has deer heads hanging up in his office. Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad