Non-Minnesota NHL News XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hawks lost 6-0 tonight, and have a couple days off. Then get the Wild at home on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, 3 games in 4 days stretch.

Wonder if Kuemper draws that game in net?:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Now he can take runs at our players in a different jersey.

Wait, does this mean that I currently hate the Avs less than I did an hour ago?

Av's even retained 40% of the contract. $533,333 for this year and next. So he's an $800k cap hit to Nashville.

Is he worth $133k more than Gabriel for the Wild?

He's a 5 min a night/pressbox guy. If they sent him the the AHL he would cost the team any cap space. Wonder if he'd clear waivers?

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Here's how awful the Avs have become:

They have 5 games in hand on 6th place Winnipeg. If they won all 5, they'd still be 6 points behind the Jets and still in last place with 37 points.

They'd still have 2nd lowest number of points in the entire league as well (although AZ has 32 points with only 1 more game played).

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Here's how awful the Avs have become:

They have 5 games in hand on 6th place Winnipeg. If they won all 5, they'd still be 6 points behind the Jets and still in last place with 37 points.

They'd still have 2nd lowest number of points in the entire league as well (although AZ has 32 points with only 1 more game played).

I'm happy to watch Colorado's downfall, but I'm worried they'll eventually become the Central's Edmonton; stacked with young, talented players... They already have a solid core.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm happy to watch Colorado's downfall, but I'm worried they'll eventually become the Central's Edmonton; stacked with young, talented players... They already have a solid core.

They have no defense. Zadorov might turn into something good. Barrie isn't a top pair guy. Johnson could be a nice #2, but at $6m a year he should be their #1.

It's really amazing the FWD talent they've had (and lost) over the past few years.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
They have no defense. Zadorov might turn into something good. Barrie isn't a top pair guy. Johnson could be a nice #2, but at $6m a year he should be their #1.

It's really amazing the FWD talent they've had (and lost) over the past few years.

I'm worried about what they could become... Eventually. By the looks of things, they're aiming for a top-5 pick.

Last edited:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Although without McDavid, Edmonton is still mediocre. Yak and Hall are gone, RNH is underwhelming. Draisitl would be their star. They finally lucked into a generational player.

The Avs? None of those high picks has grabbed the bull by the horns and led them to the promised land as McDavid has done. They all seem to be regressing frankly.

I would like them to at least beat the other teams in the Central. At this point, Colorado could almost win out the season and not catch the Wild if the Wild's 2nd half = their 1st half.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm worried about what they could become... Eventually. By the looks of things, they're aiming for a top-5 pick.

Why worry about it? Bad teams get high picks... if it wasn't them it'd be someone else in the division (such as the Peg last year and everyone worrying that they'd get Laine) and then you'd worry about them too.

Not worth it. They suck, they suck... just enjoy it while it lasts.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild have finally caught up to Chicago in points, with 4 games still in hand.

Funny thing to note... the Wild have 12 more goals scored than Chicago has... (the Wild have scored 11 Empty net goals btw - accounting for most of those 12 :laugh:) whilst playing in 4 fewer games. ;)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild have finally caught up to Chicago in points, with 4 games still in hand.

Funny thing to note... the Wild have 12 more goals scored than Chicago has... (the Wild have scored 11 Empty net goals btw - accounting for most of those 12 :laugh:) whilst playing in 4 fewer games. ;)
They still think we're boring. ;)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looks like Philly caught the MN slump disease this year:
- 19-10-3 on Dec 14.
- 3-8-3 with 6 of those games giving up 4g+ since then

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oilers and Leafs both in Playoff positions right now. That's a big surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad