Non-Minnesota NHL News XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good for the Leafs I suppose. Just glad Edmonton didn't get it.

But on the other hand, maybe we could have picked off Draisaitl then..

I think you've forgotten how insufferable and needy Leafs fans can get. They've just been quiet this year because even they knew that they didn't have any talent, but once they get Mathews, and Nylander and Marner start to play you'll never hear the end of them.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think you've forgotten how insufferable and needy Leafs fans can get. They've just been quiet this year because even they knew that they didn't have any talent, but once they get Mathews, and Nylander and Marner start to play you'll never hear the end of them.
Luckily the Leafs still have a long way to go.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Luckily the Leafs still have a long way to go.

They shed some cap space this season (by a lot) like Dion Phaenuf and Phil Kessel. They got some amazingly solid talent coming up like Kasperi Kapanen, Mitch Marner, William Nylander and haven't rushed them. They have a lot of draft picks as well (11 in the top 60 in the 3 years). They aren't like the Oilers.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Canucks traded McCann, 2nd and 4th for Gubrandson and a 5th. All the picks are this year. This has to increase the value of our defensemen. Scandella and Brodin are miles better than Gubrandson and on better contracts with actual term to them.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Canucks traded McCann, 2nd and 4th for Gubrandson and a 5th. All the picks are this year. This has to increase the value of our defensemen. Scandella and Brodin are miles better than Gubrandson and on better contracts with actual term to them.
They're are also a lot of GMs smarter than Jim Benning.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
JAyhSHx.jpg

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Trades are permitted at any time I believe. Just players traded after the deadline are not allowed to play in the playoffs. San Jose even made a trade today.

That's really odd. Don't remember a team making a trade (although minor obviously) while this deep in the playoffs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's really odd. Don't remember a team making a trade (although minor obviously) while this deep in the playoffs.

It doesn't happen much because most teams at this time of year are waiting for the draft to start making moves big or small, as that's the next time all the gm's get together in one spot.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, Kopitar seems to be the consensus pick.

I know Brown has been bad lately, but I was just looking at his stats. Wow. From 07-08 to 12-13 (the lockout shortened season) he was averaging between .6-.7 PPG per season. The last three years that number has basically been cut in half and he hasn't put up more than 29 points in a season while being relatively healthy during that time.

Then you realize he's got a $5.875mil cap hit per year for the next 6 years.

Ish

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah what a horrible contract. And knowing the Kings, they'll probably find a way out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad